Windows 10: Error when mounting NFS Share

Discus and support Error when mounting NFS Share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mahmoud Al.Gendy, May 29, 2023.

1. Error when mounting NFS Share

HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i tried everything and still no success .i tried a third party nfs tool on the client part that helps navigate the nfs share without mounting them and it works just fine . even showmount -e command shows the share :showmount -e 192.168.1.250 Exports list on 192.168.1.250: /sharebox 192.168.1.231any

:)

Mahmoud Al.Gendy, May 29, 2023

2. mount nfs share with nfs client

Hello,

my nfs share was exported by my centos os.

and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro.

Can I Set Up User Name Mapping in Windows Vista?

On windows 10 version 1709

mount nfs share successfully and permission acccess are all right

On windows 10 version 1809

mount nfs share successfully, but permission access is not correctly set.

after some investigation, I find with win 10 version 1809, despite what I set AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default

mount always set the uid=-2 and gid=-2

but on windows 10 version1709, the uid and gid can correctly set according to the value of AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit.

Do you know why? is there any solution? Thank you very much!

Heming A Tang, May 29, 2023
  3. mount nfs share with nfs client

Hi Heming A Tang,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing permissions issue after mounting NFS share. Hence, I would suggest you to post your question in the
    TechNet Forums, where we have support professionals
    who are well-equipped with the knowledge, skill and resource to handle queries regarding this issue.

Regards and Cheers!

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 29, 2023
  4. bro67 Win User
Thema:

Error when mounting NFS Share

1. Error when mounting NFS Share - Similar Threads - Error mounting NFS

2. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  3. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  4. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights: Hello,I have an NFS share mounted : mount \\192.168.x.x\DRIVE X:If I run an app with elevated rights the drive is not visible. UAC is switched off, user has admin rights. Any help ?Maciej...
  5. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights: Hello,I have an NFS share mounted : mount \\192.168.x.x\DRIVE X:If I run an app with elevated rights the drive is not visible. UAC is switched off, user has admin rights. Any help ?Maciej...
  6. NFS mounted drive not visible if app run with elevated rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?: I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete to work; he ends up just having to manually reboot the machine. Usually when it happens, he's trying to access files on an...
  8. How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

How do I mount a shared drive with NFS: I have most of my data on a Linux machine accessible via NFS. How can I access it on my Windows 10 system? I have edited the registry to add Uid and Gid, and enabled the NFS service. The mount command eludes me. The examples I see have "-o anon" or "-o nolock" or similar....
  9. mount nfs share with nfs client

mount nfs share with nfs client: Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/ On windows 10 version 1709 mount nfs share...
  10. NFS: Payback Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS: Payback Error: can anyone pls tell me why am i getting this error everytime i play this game pls solve this issue i installed direct x reinstalled graphics driver even fresh installed windows 106275