Windows 10: Error when open images in Windows Photo app

Discus and support Error when open images in Windows Photo app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to open Windows Photo images but get a file system error-2147163901...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lea Wellnitz, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Error when open images in Windows Photo app

I am trying to open Windows Photo images but get a file system error-2147163901...

:)

Lea Wellnitz, Apr 10, 2020

2. Error opening Image in Windows 10

I followed your all methods, but in vain

And also windows Store not opening

Also gives same error when opening store

Now what to do

maamiradina, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Error when open images in Windows Photo app

Error opening Image in Windows 10

Hi,

This issue may have happened because the default application to open your photos is corrupted or the photos are corrupted. We would like to know if it is happening to all your pictures?

For now, we suggest that you repair Photos app by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon then click Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Under Apps & features, search for Photos and click
      Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer then try opening your pictures.

Please keep us updated with this concern.

Ryan Fra, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Error when open images in Windows Photo app

1. Error when open images in Windows Photo app - Similar Threads - Error open images

2. Error Code 0x8007007e When Opening Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x8007007e When Opening Photos App: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0x8007007e whenever I try to open the Photos app on my Windows 10 laptop. This error started happening recently, and I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried resetting the Photos app and updating my graphics drivers, but the issue...
  3. Error Code 0x8007007e When Opening Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 0x8007007e When Opening Photos App: Hello, I'm encountering Error Code 0x8007007e whenever I try to open the Photos app on my Windows 10 laptop. This error started happening recently, and I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried resetting the Photos app and updating my graphics drivers, but the issue...
  4. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  5. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  6. Error when opening images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when opening images: I get file system error -805305975 when opening different types of images JPG, PNG etc. Please any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-opening-images/01c7da70-445d-4f65-ac88-0c5058b36b8e
  7. Windows photos app not working - images not opening

Windows photos app not working - images not opening: I recently bought a new laptop and right away there were problems with the windows photo app - when i open a picture, the app opens but it does not display the picture, instead it shows is a plain white screen. This doesnt happen everytime but if it will happen at least...
  8. Windows photos app super slow sometimes when opening an image.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows photos app super slow sometimes when opening an image.: For context, I have an i5-9600k, GTX 1070, and 16gb ram so it's not the hardware that's causing the speed problem. Sometimes when I open a photo it opens quickly but then other times my mouse just turns into an hourglass and the app opens but doesn't display anything and...
  9. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  10. Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Although the Photos app in Windows 10 is a smooth and useful application, some users have reported that when they use the Photos app to open images, it displays blurry images even when the images are of high resolution and [...] This post Photos app opens blurry...