Windows 10: Error When Opening a Document

Discus and support Error When Opening a Document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open a previously saved Excel Document or a new one from an email I am recieveing an error that the file may be corruot. Click ok and reopen the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ASStreib, Apr 14, 2020.

1. ASStreib Win User

Error When Opening a Document

When I open a previously saved Excel Document or a new one from an email I am recieveing an error that the file may be corruot. Click ok and reopen the doc and it works fine. What is this issue. Been happening for about 2-3 weeks.

Thank you.

:)

ASStreib, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 14, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows boots, My Documents auto opens. WTF?

That was going to be my first suggestion. *Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

opening a document

Hi,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Do you get any error message when you try to open the document?
    • What is the format of that document?
    • Which browser do you use to download?
    Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Error When Opening a Document - Similar Threads - Error Opening Document

2. Documents showing in recent when not opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents showing in recent when not opened: I have noticed that every time I open file explorer, the recent list shows a random 10 documents which are stored on onedrive that I haven't accessed on this or any other device. I am the only one with access to the device and the onedrive folder....
  3. Documents showing in recent when not opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents showing in recent when not opened: I have noticed that every time I open file explorer, the recent list shows a random 10 documents which are stored on onedrive that I haven't accessed on this or any other device. I am the only one with access to the device and the onedrive folder....
  4. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Cortana
    When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.: We have a person in the office that does a search for a document, in this case she is searching for a document titled Table of contents. When she types it in windows key + document partial name, the document she wants pulls up and she selects enter, or even selects with...
  5. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.: We have a person in the office that does a search for a document, in this case she is searching for a document titled Table of contents. When she types it in windows key + document partial name, the document she wants pulls up and she selects enter, or even selects with...
  6. When I search for a document it is opening a random document not the selected document.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. MS Word constant errors when opening or trying to save documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Word constant errors when opening or trying to save documents: I'm trying to use Word under a MS Office 365 ProPlus account. When I open Word, I get: "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environmental variable." This message occurs repeatedly and randomly when I am trying to use Word. I have to click OK then go...
  8. “There was an error opening this document”?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “There was an error opening this document”?: submitted by /u/nuee-ardente [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f42ri9/there_was_an_error_opening_this_document/
  9. Opening documents

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Opening documents: Hi All I seem to be stuck with windows opening all my documents as pictures or in picture format. Won't let me select any other option. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-documents/e3c76a53-fe2b-4a65-8e9c-a51b62c197db"
  10. Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command..."

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel error when opening documents "problem sending the command...": The full error reads: There was a problem sending the command to the program. This is actually an older Excel problem that appears to have returned with my upgrading to Windows 10. This error is presented whenever I try to open any excel file (tried .xls .xlsm .xlsx) by...