Windows 10: Error when opening explorer

Discus and support Error when opening explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, A problem occurs quite often when I open Microsoft Edge on my windows laptop. The different windows shows up in the explorer as so. Do you have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon Johann Skødt, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Error when opening explorer

Hi,

A problem occurs quite often when I open Microsoft Edge on my windows laptop. The different windows shows up in the explorer as so.
    Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Simon

Error when opening explorer abd94e03-b496-42e7-922c-24507cdd0f23?upload=true.png

:)

Simon Johann Skødt, Feb 6, 2021

2. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    File explorer will not open on windows 10

As a workaround, we suggest that you follow these steps to access windows explorer using the
    Run dialog box. By doing this, we may identify if you can navigate Windows through this method. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run dialog box.
    • Type explorer and press Enter.

In case your system will allow you to navigate through this process, we recommend that you continue performing the in-place upgrade procedure.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Sher Amo, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Error when opening explorer

Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Error when opening explorer

1. Error when opening explorer - Similar Threads - Error opening explorer

2. Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error: Hello guys, Windows Explorer hasn't worked for me for a few days I'm using Windows 11; The event viewer says that the problem is in the dll module "ExplorerFrame.Dll"I have tried this:1 Scan with Windows Security and Malwarebytes: Nothing happens, it tells me that there is no...
  3. Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer dont open Explorer frame dll error: Hello guys, Windows Explorer hasn't worked for me for a few days I'm using Windows 11; The event viewer says that the problem is in the dll module "ExplorerFrame.Dll"I have tried this:1 Scan with Windows Security and Malwarebytes: Nothing happens, it tells me that there is no...
  4. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  5. File Explorer Error - Will Not Open

File Explorer Error - Will Not Open: Using Windows11. I can go to MY COMPUTER and open up File Explorer and it works. But if I pin the icon to my task bar, and continue to access it from my Task Bar I am getting an Event Error and it is not opening. Have tried recreating the Task Bar icon several times. Any idea...
  6. Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?

Error message when opening File Explorer after power cycle?: Yesterday my laptop started running really slowly for no apparent reason. I tried a whole host of things. I was at it for over 12 hours straight. I got nowhere. I just tried to power cycle it, and things seem to be running fast again, which is great, really, but when I tried...
  7. Explorer crashing when opening images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer crashing when opening images: Sometimes when I try opening an image it completely freezes, opens up empty, struggles to be closed etc... and ends up crashing the entire explorer (the taskbar resets etc.) and then it's all good to go. I had this problem on my previous computer too and just recently got a...
  8. Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: This Process Cannot Be Completed The File Is Open In Windows Explorer when...: I have Windows 10 Home, when trying to delete or move some video files I get "this process cannot be completed because the file is open in windows explorer." I restarted explorer.exe but that didn't help. Rebooting will work briefly, but if I later trying to delete/move...
  9. Internet Explorer opening when not wanted

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer opening when not wanted: HI I'm having problems with internet explorer opening when I wake my computer from sleep. It opens with some Bing items usually on travel and things like that. I don't use IE I use chrome and it opening when it's not wanted it driving me crazy. Can somebody tell me how to...
  10. Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Error msg when opening DOCX from File Explorer - but it opens ?: Sometimes when I double click a DOCX in file explorer to open it in Word 2010 I get this message [img] But Word opens the file OK. If I close Word and double click it again it's OK. It's not a particular DOCX, it happens on any DOCX. But it appears to be any DOCX on...