Windows 10: Error when opening gpedit.msc

Discus and support Error when opening gpedit.msc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Started to get it a couple months ago. Time to look into it. Not really sure how. Copy of the closest file name I could find <?xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, Apr 7, 2016.

1. ken1943 Win User

Error when opening gpedit.msc

Started to get it a couple months ago. Time to look into it. Not really sure how.

Copy of the closest file name I could find

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation -->
    <policyDefinitionResources xmlns:xsd="XML Schema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" revision="1.0" schemaVersion="1.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/GroupPolicy/2006/07/PolicyDefinitions">
    <displayName>enter display name here</displayName>
    <description>enter description here</description>
    <resources>
    <stringTable>
    <string id="DisableWindowsLocationProvider">Turn off Windows Location Provider</string>
    <string id="DisableWindowsLocationProvider_Explain">
    This policy setting turns off the Windows Location Provider feature for this computer.

If you enable this policy setting, the Windows Location Provider feature will be turned off, and all programs on this computer will not be able to use the Windows Location Provider feature.

If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, all programs on this computer can use the Windows Location Provider feature.</string>
    <string id="WindowsLocationProvider">Windows Location Provider</string>
    </stringTable>
    </resources>
    </policyDefinitionResources>

:)

ken1943, Apr 7, 2016

2. gpedit.msc is not opening

I tried to open gpedit.msc in RUN (Window Key + R ) it got error "cannot find gpedit.msc" . When i see the folders GroupPolicy and GroupPolicyUsers in location C:\Windows\SysWOW64 , they are empty, no files.

Please let me know how to open gpedit.msc ? any download / installer is providing by Microsoft ? (can't believe in other sites Error when opening gpedit.msc :p )

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

nikhilaokundi, Apr 7, 2016
  3. atomic911 Win User
    'app' can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account

I keep getting this error with numerous Windows apps. I tried to search on Google and a lot of suggestions is to open "gpedit.msc".

When I try to open it, I get an error that the file does not exist. I'm out of options.

atomic911, Apr 7, 2016
  4. ken1943 Win User

I wonder if it is because I have every thing about apps/sharing turned off. Also not using a MS account for anything.

ken1943, Apr 7, 2016
  5. AndreyT Win User
  6. ken1943 Win User
    Thank you for that. Didn't really know where to dig !!!

ken1943, Apr 8, 2016
  7. ken1943 Win User
    Tried a linux live dvd > too old for that stuff > finally was able to take ownership and delete the file. Fixed until some other crap
    shows up.

ken1943, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Error when opening gpedit.msc - Similar Threads - Error opening gpedit

2. .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .msc files are defaulted to open under Windows Media Player: I recently needed to reboot a service on my computer and found that I am not able to open services.msc because it's defaulted to open under Windows Media Player.I tried to reset the default app to open the .msc file type but couldn't figure out how, or what app to set it to...
  3. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  4. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?: I am getting an error message trying to run mscwindows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized My pc shut down on overheat and trouble shooting needs to run mscHow do I correct?...
  5. msc isnt opening in windows 10 the error message: msc is not recognized How do I correct?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  7. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  8. gpedit

gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  9. Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error

Can't open gpedit. Due to Group Policy Error: My gpedit.msc won't open because I have some sort of Goup Policy Error. I have tried fixing the issue by using secpol. There is also no files in my Group Policy file in system 32...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error opening gpedit.msc