Windows 10: error when printing to WSD (Web Services Device) printer

Discus and support error when printing to WSD (Web Services Device) printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother Colour laser printer HL-3170CDW and it is online via its ethernet interface. Windows has set it up with two definitions. One is as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BobD, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BobD Win User

error when printing to WSD (Web Services Device) printer

I have a Brother Colour laser printer HL-3170CDW and it is online via its ethernet interface. Windows has set it up with two definitions. One is as a Web Services Device and the other is a Standard TCP/IP Port.

I have a Word DOCX document which prints OK with the TCP/IP printer setup but fails with an undefined error on the WSD setup. All I can get is a message saying the printer is in an error state. It appears that the document fails even before it gets presented to the printer. When it fails there is no indications of any response frrom the printer. The document is attached in case of any interest.

This is not a big deal since the printer still works but I'm not sure what a WSD definition is and why it fails.

:)

BobD, Jul 3, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jul 3, 2020
  4. ESiever Win User

WSD seems to be crashing my print spooler. How do I get around it?

Earlier this month I asked about not being able to add a printer on Windows 10, getting the message 'local print server is not running'. It looks now like the problem is WSD (web services for devices). Can anyone tell me how to get around WSD so I can add the printer using the print spooler? Thanks.

ESiever, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

1. error when printing to WSD (Web Services Device) printer - Similar Threads - error printing WSD

2. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink: Hello,I have an HP Envy 5530 printer scanner. I am unbale to print because the printer indicates low/no ink, however both ink cartridges are full. I am able to resolve the issue if I change the printer port from WSD port to TCP/IP port. However, even if I select "apply" to...
  3. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink: Hello,I have an HP Envy 5530 printer scanner. I am unbale to print because the printer indicates low/no ink, however both ink cartridges are full. I am able to resolve the issue if I change the printer port from WSD port to TCP/IP port. However, even if I select "apply" to...
  4. Printer Defaults to WSD Port and Indicates No Ink

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Fix PDF Printer Error invalidfont when printing

in Windows 10 News
    Fix PDF Printer Error invalidfont when printing: [IMG]In this post, we’ll see what to do if you come across the PDF Printer error invalidfont while printing PDF documents. Adobe PDF Reader is the go-to option to view and print PDF files. It comes with tons of exciting features to enhance the user’s productivity. But while...
  6. WSD Print over SSL with Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WSD Print over SSL with Win10: I want to use WSD Print over SSL, and then in ProbeMatch response, I change the value of "wsd:XAddrs" form "http://device ip address" to "https://device ip address". When receiced ProbeMatch response, PC try to establish a SSL connection, but after successfully estabish a...
  7. Printer- Printing error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer- Printing error?: printing error ? * Original title: printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-error/4c9ce388-c154-4dbc-9834-f1170a1715af
  8. printer error ' wont print

printer error ' wont print: I am getting an error message 0x80040154. I use a Canon MG5300 any ideas why it wont work ? It did yesterday . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-error-wont-print/c5239d58-993b-4da8-8370-2ccd19d32380
  9. When printing, a web page disappears

When printing, a web page disappears: It is a printing issue: a specific web page and the print menu disappears after I start printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-printing-a-web-page-disappears/f79d5f2b-c5b7-4deb-8db3-90854b23076a
  10. Printer Offline and web service printer

Printer Offline and web service printer: I have Windows 10 and my printer is HP Officejet Pro 6968. When I try to print, it says that the printer is offline. It is connected wirelessly. It also says that it is a "Web Service" printer. It just started saying that. How can I disconnect the "Web Service" printer...