Windows 10: Error when renaming drive

Discus and support Error when renaming drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to rename a drive, I get this error ![Image](Imgur: The magic of the Internet) I am logged in an admin account, I tried running explorer as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by redtition, Jun 23, 2020.

1. redtition Win User

Error when renaming drive

When I go to rename a drive, I get this error ![Image](Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

I am logged in an admin account, I tried running explorer as admin.

This started happening after I removed my Microsoft account.

![Winver](Imgur: The magic of the Internet).

:)

redtition, Jun 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2020
  3. nate_995 Win User
    unable to rename external hard drive

I tried what you said, but it still says "you need permission to perform this action". I have access to everything on the drive. It is only the autorun.inf that i no longer have access to and because of that when i rename the drive it shows the new name
    in disk management but it stays the same in my computer. I am using windows 10 pro.

nate_995, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

atioglxx.dll OpenGL Error ! Error when renaming drive :(

*** errors in the installer !!!

* manuel make *

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

Catalyst 9.9 Hotfix for Windows XP Professional and Home Edition

ati.com/drivers/hotfix/9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc.exe

( install *Smile Error when renaming drive :) )

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc

C:\ATI\Support\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_86849\atioglxx.dl_

( X:\....\9-9_agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc\Driver\XP_INF\B_ ,,,, \atioglxx.dl_ )

( ReName *Smile Error when renaming drive :) )

atioglxx.dl_ -> atioglxx.dll

( Move *Smile Error when renaming drive :) )

atioglxx.dll -> C:\WINDOWS\system32

restart PC ! OK *Smile Error when renaming drive :)

ATi OpenGL (atioglxx.dll) No-Errors ! *Big Grin Error when renaming drive :D

Tenforo, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Error when renaming drive - Similar Threads - Error renaming drive

2. When renaming a file, OneDrive is cancelling the rename action !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When renaming a file, OneDrive is cancelling the rename action !!!: Onedrive is interfering with file rename actions in File Explorer.When you rename a file, and OneDrive is uploading that file to your cloud storage, then the edit mode you are in will be cancelled.VERY ANNOYING Microsoft. Please try to fix this.These are daily annoyances that...
  3. Renaming error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming error: I'm experiencing a renaming error. This is what happened, I renamed dozens of folders, I moved them out of the current folder and I found out that they reverted to the previous names. I tried undo ctrl+z to move them back and their names still didn't change....
  4. Renaming error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming error: I'm experiencing a renaming error. This is what happened, I renamed dozens of folders, I moved them out of the current folder and I found out that they reverted to the previous names. I tried undo ctrl+z to move them back and their names still didn't change....
  5. Renaming error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Rename Drive Letter C?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rename Drive Letter C?: I installed a new SSD drive and named it "E". Using Macrium software I cloned my "C" drive onto the new SSD "E". I also changed the boot order in the BIOS so it boots from "E." Now I want to swap letter names so my SSD drive becomes "C" and my old drive can be "E" or...
  7. Permission to rename internal drives?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permission to rename internal drives?: I don't recall ever being prompted for this before, but I recently installed a new motherboard and cpu and had to get a new Windows key as a result (the old one was generated from a Windows 7 upgrade on the other mobo/cpu). Now, when I try to rename any of my internal...
  8. Permission to rename internal drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permission to rename internal drives?: I don't recall ever being prompted for this before, but I recently installed a new motherboard and cpu and had to get a new Windows key as a result (the old one was generated from a Windows 7 upgrade on the other mobo/cpu). Now, when I try to rename any of my internal...
  9. error 0x00D3E8D when renaming flac files

error 0x00D3E8D when renaming flac files: I'm getting error message 0x00D3E8D When trying to remove album artist on my flac music files. This error comes "only" when I'm editing flac files I have deleted Groove music I have Run DISM I can see maybe its after the MAY UPDATE as ive now just updated my laptop and...
  10. Renaming a drive

Renaming a drive: Hi. Still learning Win 10 ways! I have installed a WD My Book backup drive, and Win 10 gave it the designation of my "G" drive. How do I change from "G" to a different unused letter? Thanks for your help. 28654