Windows 10: Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in...

Discus and support Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, I'm having an issue where a third party software is giving me a failure to register license error when logged in using Microsoft account but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ReaganShonge, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in...

hi, I'm having an issue where a third party software is giving me a failure to register license error when logged in using Microsoft account but when I switch to the Local Administrator account it works fine. Both accounts are set to Administrator, and this machine is a workstation connecting to a Windows Server 2016 machine using SQL 2017.

Software provider diagnosis is pinning the issue on either the OS of the work station windows 10 or the settings in the Microsoft Live account.

:)

ReaganShonge, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 running perfectly, then failed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Please follow the steps and check if it helps:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
      • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    • If EITHER command does not show a good outcome, we need to stop and repair Windows. We have 3 options:
      • Go Back: If there are other significant issues, , Go Back. The plan from there will be to clean up the configuration to prepare for an upgrade.
      • Reset: If possible, remove Antivirus/Sec Software and perform a Reset (keeping data and settings). You will need to reinstall apps with this option.
      • In-Place Upgrade: , we can try uninstalling the Antivirus/Sec Software and try an in-place upgrade.
    • If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt.
      • If you see a red error, then the command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be an larger problem with Windows 10. Try again.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved.
      • If not, restart the PC.In this case try as a new administrator user account.
      • If the new user also fails, go up to the steps for “3. If EITHER command does not show…” above. We need to repair Windows.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in...

windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in...

1. Error when running third party software in Microsoft Account but running perfectly fine in... - Similar Threads - Error running third

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. Windows Defender continues to run in background after installing third party security software

Windows Defender continues to run in background after installing third party security software: I have a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. After completing all Windows updates, I installed Norton 360, but then noticed that a lot of RAM was being used. I opened task manager and saw that Antimalware Service Executable was still running in the background.It was my...
  5. Running third party apps on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running third party apps on Windows 11: I'm went a through over my Privacy & Security settings, because i disabled allot of them, just to see if that cased the issue, but it did notI cannot install any 3rd party apps.... Which privacy setting could be this be ?I installed via windows update, so that wasn't it, so...
  6. Running third party apps on Windows 11

Running third party apps on Windows 11: I'm went a through over my Privacy & Security settings, because i disabled allot of them, just to see if that cased the issue, but it did notI cannot install any 3rd party apps.... Which privacy setting could be this be ?I installed via windows update, so that wasn't it, so...
  7. How to get mspaint.exe commandline so it can be run from a third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get mspaint.exe commandline so it can be run from a third party software: HiI use Faststone Capture a nice little screen capture program. It has an option to open up the screen shot in a paint program. It used to work fine with the old paint.exe.Faststone has a setting to enter the File Path of any paint app.Option #1 - If I try to set it to...
  8. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  9. Is Controlled Folder Access available when running a third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Controlled Folder Access available when running a third party antivirus: Hi, Windows 10 Pro Before I install the third party antivirus installed, I have enabled controlled folder access. After third party antivirus is installed, I occasionally get the warning in notification. But I don't appear to have way to access the controlled folder...
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...