Windows 10: Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...

Discus and support Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have an older HP LaserJet 4000 printer with JetDirect interface card. I've successfully used this printer through the years with Windows XP,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatthewJorgensen, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...

Hello, I have an older HP LaserJet 4000 printer with JetDirect interface card. I've successfully used this printer through the years with Windows XP, 7, 8.1, and 10. I just had to re-install windows on my desktop PC and installed Windows 10 1803. I cannot get the printer to install. When I go through the process, I select "Windows Update" for the driver, then select the HP Laserjet 4000 PCL 5 driver. It then begins the install, gives me an elevation prompt asking if I want to install the driver. I select yes, then it errors out about 5 seconds later say "Printer was not installed".

I looked in the event viewer and find this error:

Source: PrintService EventID: 215 Task Category: Installing a printer driver

Installing printer driver - failed, error code 0x80240022, HRESULT 0x80240022

OpCode: Spooler Operation Failed

I want to stress that this is not a 3rd party driver, but the actual Microsoft Driver off of Windows update. This worked a year ago on an older version of Win 10 (can't remember which at the moment)

What is my next step?

:)

MatthewJorgensen, Sep 21, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Sep 21, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...

Can't share printer—getting error message

Actually, my business card does say "Senior Network Engineer"*Laugh :laugh:, but that is only part of what I actually do, we are a full computer shop handling anything from basic computer setup to corporate networking to custom builds.

The error is definitely a problem with the 64/32 bit drivers conflicting, it is a real pain in the ass especially with Lexmark printers. With HP printers, you can just use a net use command to map the network printer to the LPT1 port and then install the printer as a local printer. However, Lexmark usually doesn't allow this with their printers, the drivers are coded in a way that won't allow them to be installed on an LPT port if the printer is supposed to be USB.

You can try removing the lexmark driver from the XP additional driver section, then try connecting to the printer again. It should ask you for the proper driver. You should be able to extract the lexmark driver somewhere on the 64-bit machine, and point to that location when asked. Also, if this is successful, you will probably have to go into both the XP and the Win7 machine's printer properties, go to the advanced tab, and change the print processor to WinPrint with datatype being RAW.

newtekie1, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code...

1. Error when trying to install printer with driver from Windows Update - error code... - Similar Threads - Error trying install

2. Error Code 80248014 when trying to install Minecraft,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Code 80248014 when trying to install Minecraft,: I have recently bought Minecraft to play with my friends. Unfortunately, it is giving me an error code "80248014" A popup goes up and it says "Looks Like Something went wrong. We weren't able to install the app 80248014" I am logged into my Microsoft account and Xbox app...
  3. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  4. Error when trying to install update

Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  5. Error code 0x80070002 when trying to update Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80070002 when trying to update Windows: I received an update notice. I tried to update 3 times, and it failed 3 times. Continuing to today, I tried 6 times and failed 6 times. After looking at my update history, I realized that it was KB4571756 that was trying to update. Why? After each unsuccessful attempt, I...
  6. error code 0xc1420121 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0xc1420121 when trying to update windows: keeps giving me this error whenever I try to update windows, I've tried renaming the software distribution folder and the catroot 2 folder but that did nothing, also tried clean booting but that also did nothing...
  7. Given error code 101-5096 when trying to install drivers for my Kodak Hero 9.1 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Given error code 101-5096 when trying to install drivers for my Kodak Hero 9.1 printer: I recently picked up this printer secondhand- the Kodak Hero 9.1. It's in excellent condition and doesn't seem to have any problems. Except of course I can't install the drivers and actually use the thing. At the end of the driver installation process I get an Error Code...
  8. Microsoft error when trying to install printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft error when trying to install printer: I have been having issues with my printer, so decided to reinstall it. When I go to add a printer or scanner it asks me to log in with my microsoft account account, but i get this error. Request Id: 17442f1b-0f94-4439-98d5-0cb8459cfc00 Correlation Id:...
  9. Error when trying to install printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when trying to install printer driver: Hi, really need some help please. Bought a printer Canon Pixma MG2160 and tried to connect to my laptop. Plugged in the USB cable and downloaded the latest driver from the official Canon website. The MP and XPS drivers have both downloaded, but when i try to follow the...
  10. Printer error code 0x800f0243 when trying to load software

Printer error code 0x800f0243 when trying to load software: Cannot upload software for a new PC with my Brother 4in1 which is a few years old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-error-code-0x800f0243-when-trying-to-load/8164e11b-8879-4ccb-b6a3-f2ef50aa0ff2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. getting error message 0x00007ff3aab6a76c when installing lexmark printer in windows 10i

2. printer driver was installed operation could not be compled (error0x80240022)

3. 0x80070070e

4. error message 0x8007003F on printer,
  5. error code 0xb8000508 error on printer update,
  6. printer error code 0x80070070e