Windows 10: Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

Discus and support Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by con tur, Dec 6, 2023.

1. con tur Win User

Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and it only happens on my user. I'm not an administrator so I cant do anything that needs administrator privileges.\ / ____ \ \ ____ ____ \ / \/ \/ _ / / ___ __ ____ __ _ ___ __ _____ _ __

:)

con tur, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

1. Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop - Similar Threads - Error trying open

2. Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop: When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and it only happens on my user. I'm not an administrator so I cant do anything that needs administrator privileges.\ /...
  3. Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to open Personalization or Display Settings from desktop: When I right click the desktop and click Personalization or Display Settings it shows an error that says "This file does not have an app associated with it" and it only happens on my user. I'm not an administrator so I cant do anything that needs administrator privileges.\ /...
  4. Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalization, Display Settings, Settings unable to open from Desktop on right click.: Hi, I am unable to open Personalization, Display Settings from desktop on right click. A small command window pops up and disappears after clicking on either options. I can access personalization and display settings from the settings app but cannot access from desktop. Same...
  5. cant open display settings or personalization option

cant open display settings or personalization option: HI Its new windows 10 home laptop this problem occuring only in administrator account working fine in other user accounts i have done system restore and sfc scan too but no luck so far pls see attached picture thank you [IMG]...
  6. I have problem with opening any settings from desktop level. When im trying to open...

I have problem with opening any settings from desktop level. When im trying to open...: Hi. I have problem with opening any settings from desktop level. When im trying to open something, shows up cmd C:\windows\SysWow64\cmd.exe Before this, i installed malwarebytes and it detected some of virus. I deleted the virus and suddenly this happened when i want to...
  7. Personalize setting and display setting could not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalize setting and display setting could not open: Hi, My Laptop,, when I at desktop screen, right click and click the menu personalize or display, just pop out message box, and I could not open setting apps from setting menu. thanks.[ATTACH]...
  8. Facing issue while trying to open personalize open from desktop by right click

Facing issue while trying to open personalize open from desktop by right click: Below error is coming when I am trying to open Personalize option from the right click menu on desktop [ATTACH] I have upgraded my windows 10 from single language to pro in last month. I have also tried to reset the app association but that has not worked. This is the...
  9. Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network &...

Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network &...: Hi. I'm using windows 10. Personalize setting not opening from desktop & Taskbar setting, volume setting, Network & internet settings not opening from the taskbar as well Instead of opening a command window popups for a blink of time and disappears. In that command window...
  10. why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?

why can't i open Settings, or get Display Settings or Personalize to open from desktop?: One of 3 system users is unable to Open Settings? or Display settings from desk top screen, or 'Personalize' from desk top....all of a sudden? And has a "scanned" item displayed on desk top that won't go away?...