Windows 10: Error when trying to restore point.

Discus and support Error when trying to restore point. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently tried doing a restore point on my computer, but when the restore point was done I got this error message[IMG]Also when I tried updating my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonathanTodd3, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Error when trying to restore point.

I recently tried doing a restore point on my computer, but when the restore point was done I got this error messageError when trying to restore point. [​IMG]Also when I tried updating my windows, I got an error message telling me to retry for some reason. Can someone help? Thanks!

:)

JonathanTodd3, Sep 8, 2020

2. Restore point error 0x80042308

I was hoping that someone can help me with the following problem When trying to create a RESTORE point:
    “The specified object was not found – error 0x80042308”
    Having just spent the whole trying to and finally fixing problem in my PC caused by the latest Win10 (Home) updates, I am intent on creating a restore point so that I don’t go through the same pain again. I have researched and tried almost all of the fixes suggested on the various Forums and am now at my wits end. Solutions attempted but not successful include:

• SFC / Scannow (no integrity problems found) after multiple runs
    • Chkdsk /r (ran to end without errors)
    • DISM.exe restorehealth with reference to an ISO image running on a USB drive (this fixed the problems caused by Win 10 updates)
    • Turning Volume Shadow Copy to Automatic in Services
    • Turning Windows Backup to Automatic in Services
    • Changing Boot to Selective Startup with Load Startup Items unchecked
    • Turning off my Norton Firewall & Auto Protect features
    • In Services I have hidden MS services and disabled all other Services

All of the above have proved fruitless – HELP!!!

sandgroper48ig, Sep 8, 2020
  3. jellyroll Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CError when trying to restore point. :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CError when trying to restore point. :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Error when trying to restore point.

creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Error when trying to restore point.

1. Error when trying to restore point. - Similar Threads - Error trying restore

2. System Restore Point error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point error: when I open system restore point, I see the error 0x81000203. In another pc I had this issue and when I reinstall windows it solved but, is there other way to fix this....
  3. 0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point: 0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8004123f-error-in-trying-to-create-a-restore/d1837742-5f5e-42da-aec4-722056fa6443
  4. 0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point: 0x8004123f error in trying to create a restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x8004123f-error-in-trying-to-create-a-restore/d1837742-5f5e-42da-aec4-722056fa6443
  5. When i try restore point this is showing please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When i try restore point this is showing please help: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-restore-point-this-is-showing-please/4b70260a-84c1-4a22-b06c-a0160a51417d
  6. When i try restore point this is showing please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try restore point this is showing please help: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-restore-point-this-is-showing-please/4b70260a-84c1-4a22-b06c-a0160a51417d
  7. When i try restore point this is showing please help

8. Restore Windows when restore point failed

Restore Windows when restore point failed: My laptop is caught in the automatic repair loop, and when I tried to restore a restore point, that method somehow failed. I planned to give it another try but the system showed no restore point was made.Is there another way to restore my Windows apart from the restore point?...
  9. Error when create restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when create restore point.: How this error occure when i am createing access point.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-create-restore-point/1c6c732c-4d73-4e16-b71e-02783a8d9fd6
  10. Restore point error

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore point error: When I manually try and make a restore point using the windows program it ends with a property page error. [img] It still does the restore point ok and seems to work all right if I need to use that point to restore no error notifications pop up using the System Restore...