Windows 10: error when trying to save to desktop

Discus and support error when trying to save to desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] how do i fix on dell Optiplex 755... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timmaddox, Jan 8, 2019.

1. timmaddox Win User

error when trying to save to desktop

error when trying to save to desktop 8e0e11c8-6193-4dc4-ad1e-6bf2528dc5c1?upload=true.png

how do i fix on dell Optiplex 755

:)

timmaddox, Jan 8, 2019
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2019
  4. error when trying to save to desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Doesn't work red circle appears will not allow it

ChrisBruse, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

error when trying to save to desktop

1. error when trying to save to desktop - Similar Threads - error trying save

2. Remote Desktop crashes when trying to save a user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop crashes when trying to save a user account: I am having an issue with Remote Desktop on a new Laptop. Whenever I try to add a user account, the application crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Remote Desktop app, but the issue is still the same. I also tried to restore a backup of my Remote Desktop that...
  3. Remote Desktop crashes when trying to save a user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop crashes when trying to save a user account: I am having an issue with Remote Desktop on a new Laptop. Whenever I try to add a user account, the application crashes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Remote Desktop app, but the issue is still the same. I also tried to restore a backup of my Remote Desktop that...
  4. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  5. getting full disk error when trying to save with photoshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting full disk error when trying to save with photoshop: when trying to use photoshop 2.0 with my new windows 10 I get a disk full error. I have a large amount of excess memory and no temp files. What is going on here?...
  6. "The file could not be saved. Try one of the following:" error when trying to save files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The file could not be saved. Try one of the following:" error when trying to save files...: The file could not be saved. Try one of the following: > make sure the specified folder exists. > make sure the folder that contains the file is not read-only. > make sure the file name does not contain any of the following characters: <>?[]: or * > make sure the...
  7. why and how to fix this error message when saving to desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why and how to fix this error message when saving to desktop: [img] 130984
  8. Disk full error message when trying to save a file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk full error message when trying to save a file: Hi, I have the following error message when I try to save a (any) file: [img] According to File Explorer, I have 463 GB HD and 173 GB is free. The disk management has the following information: [img] Please help me find out what eats up my HD. Thank you. 69854
  9. Working on it... message when trying to Save-AS

in Windows 10 Support
    Working on it... message when trying to Save-AS: I have a strange problem, ofthen in different application ex: photoshop elements, when I do SAVE AS, the explorer will open and say Working on it... And it stay like that 10 or more seconds. Sometime forever. 32065
  10. Icons on Desktop move when saved

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons on Desktop move when saved: Hi This might seem like a trivial problem compared to some of the others on this site, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix my icon problem. I have icons for certain files - word and excel, that I arrange in convenient places on the desktop. If I edit these then...