Windows 10: error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

Discus and support error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have already repaired and reset the app but it just gives me that same error. It only seems to happen with videos on my external drive though so that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vlbonnie, May 28, 2022.

1. vlbonnie Win User

error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

I have already repaired and reset the app but it just gives me that same error. It only seems to happen with videos on my external drive though so that may have something to do with it

:)

vlbonnie, May 28, 2022
  2. Martmcd Win User

trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, May 28, 2022
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 28, 2022
  4. error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

Trimmed Videos in Photos App are washed out

If i trim a clip of a video and trim out the beginning then the rest of the video will be washed out. I tested it and it only washes out the video if you trim out the beginning of the video. If the trim include the beginning then the colors will be normal
    for the rest of the trim.

GabeYungbluth, May 28, 2022
Thema:

error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

1. error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - error trying trim

2. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  3. Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app stalls when trying to trim a video.: I seem to be unable to trim videos in the Photo app. Usually stalls at around 20% and would sit there long term without saving the trim. It had worked fine before the last update. Ideas?...
  4. I get the error 0x80070057 everyitme I try to trim a video.

I get the error 0x80070057 everyitme I try to trim a video.: Title. I cant use the default Windows editor to trim clips, instead I just get an error. I have plenty of storage, and I have already tried repairing Photos. Error message 0x80070057...
  5. I get the error 0x80070057 everyitme I try to trim a video.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get the error 0x80070057 everyitme I try to trim a video.: Title. I cant use the default Windows editor to trim clips, instead I just get an error. I have plenty of storage, and I have already tried repairing Photos. Error message 0x80070057...
  6. error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when trying to trim videos with videos app 0x80070057: I have already repaired and reset the app but it just gives me that same error. It only seems to happen with videos on my external drive though so that may have something to do with it...
  7. Trimming a video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trimming a video: I am trying to trim a video down in Microsoft photos but every time I click "save as" I get the below messageI can trim and edit the other videos in that same file without issue but this last one will not work. I have shut down and restarted my PC and left it a couple of...
  8. Trimming a video

Trimming a video: I have a video that is 424 MB and slightly too long. I want to trim it and upload to Vimeo where there is a 500MB limit. I trimmed the length in Photos app and I ended up with it the right length but the file had enlarged to 528MB. I then installed MS Simple Video Trim &...
  9. Video Editor Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video Editor Error 0x80070057: Microsoft I have a very annoying problem with this windows video editor, I'm a YouTuber so i can edit videos on the video editor but just a few days ago, I was ready to edit one of my latest videos but an error showed up, it said: Try Opening this project again the project...
  10. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...