Windows 10: Error when trying to update

Discus and support Error when trying to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, when I try to update I get an error 0x80080005. Can you please tell me what I can do to solve this problem ? Regards, Didier.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zZz888-, Jul 1, 2020.

1. zZz888- Win User

Error when trying to update

Hi, when I try to update I get an error 0x80080005.

Can you please tell me what I can do to solve this problem ?

Regards,

Didier.

:)

zZz888-, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 1, 2020
  3. sasha12 Win User
    Error 80070002 when trying to install update KB939653

Can anyone help. I have Vista Home Premium edition and I am trying to install the important security update for Explorer (KB939653). I get error code 80070002. Nothing seems to work! Please help. thanks

I am also trying to install adobe photoshop and am getting errors regarding my file manifest..interestingly enough....this update (KB...above) includes manifest file updates!

So I think if I can get this update to load...I'll be ok...

On phone with Microsoft for several DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing!

I'm going to start drinking

sasha12, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Sam P. Win User

Error message 80070005 when trying to update windows 7.5

Hi dlmartin(2),

Thank you for posting to the forums. 80070005 is a generic error, so it's hard to narrow down exactly what the issue is. What I would suggest is running through a few troubleshooting steps that generally help with update errors.

• You may find some success trying the update on another PC, or with another sync cable. If you're not able to try these steps, or they don't work, try using another USB port on the PC as well.
    • Turn the phone off, then remove the battery for about a minute. Once this is done, put it back in and turn it back on and see if the update works.
    • If all else fails, you may be looking at a scenario that requires a factory reset. This erases all data on the phone, so first you'll want to back it up to your PC through the Zune software - your contacts, calendar data, and purchase history is stored
      on your Microsoft Account, so you don't need to worry about that.
    Please let us know if these steps resolve the issue or not and we'll be happy to work from there.

Regards,

Sam P., Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Error when trying to update - Similar Threads - Error trying update

2. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done? The image...
  3. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done? The image...
  4. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done?...
  5. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  6. Error when trying to install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to install update: I keep getting this message when hitting the "download & install" button for Hewlett-Packard - USB - 1/20/2018 12:00:00 AM - 47.0.4098.1820: Install error - 0x80070103. I have tried to click "retry" and restart as well, but the error message kept appearing.Edition Windows 11...
  7. Keep getting errors when trying to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting errors when trying to update: I was given this laptop by my brother and just did now want to fool with it. I have a decent background on working and fixing minor issues with laptops and iphones for family and friends. While looking into this i have tried many solutions on the forums here and other...
  8. Error 0x80090027 when trying to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x80090027 when trying to update: My laptop started taking 15-20 minutes to open documents, I read that meant I needed an update. Computer said I needed to free up 8 GB. Started off simple, after hours of trying to clear it I ended up deleting everything off my computer. Still said there wasn’t enough disk...
  9. Two Errors When Trying To Update

Two Errors When Trying To Update: I get the error Windows Could Not Configure on or more system componets and error code 0xC1900101 – 0x30018 I have tried everything from Updating using Media Creation tool to Updating drivers to sfc/scannow 155924
  10. Error when trying to run update

Error when trying to run update: I have Windows 10 pro ... Keep getting can not connect to update service. I am connected to interet and ran troubleshooting .... same result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-run-update/fe646a9c-3f5b-4218-9d97-aca8059b99b1