Windows 10: Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software.

Discus and support Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; (Below is a screenshot of the e-mail I sent to Samsung's European Support Representative, Hanaro.) Can someone provide help for this issue? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phoebus, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Phoebus Win User

Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software.

(Below is a screenshot of the e-mail I sent to Samsung's European Support Representative, Hanaro.)
    Can someone provide help for this issue?
    Thank you.

Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software. [​IMG]

:)

Phoebus, Jan 21, 2020
  2. jtjt00 Win User

Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO

Like you, I encountered source disk bad sectors error when cloning with Samsung migration software. Resolved by using EaseUS Tool to clone.

jtjt00, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Migrating from HDD to SSD

You're looking at just under 75GB of data to migrate from your HDD to SSD so...
    I'd suggest you use Todo Backup Free for migrations to SSDs. As "Word Man" mentioned, you get to choose if you want to move some or all of the partitions of a disk. I think you'll be ok to just migrate/clone the whole disk to the new SSD and then from it from the SSD to the other physical drive you mentioned having. If you have a Samsung SSD, use their Samsung Magician software to do the clone.

Simeon Naranjit, Jan 21, 2020
  4. RonaldHeu Win User

HDD to SSD Samsung 860 EVO Data Migration Error Failed. 99%

Hi,

Current computer is a Dell Inspiron with intel core i7 Windows 10. It has a 1 TB hard drive with 16 GB ram.

I'm trying to Clone my current HDD to my new SSD Samsung 860 EVO, but it gets stuck at 99% and I keep on getting an error code of:

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Data Migration\Data Migration.exe

File: f:\dd\vctools\crt\bld\self_x86\crt\src\dbgheap.c

Line: 1322

Expression: _CtrlsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

****Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup****

RonaldHeu, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Error when trying to use Samsung's Data Migration Software. - Similar Threads - Error trying Samsung's

2. WMI Error when trying to use an add on software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Error when trying to use an add on software: We are using an EMR Electronic Medical Records software for out staff at our therapy clinic. The power went out a couple weeks ago and when the computer shut off it must have corrupted the WMI file so the EMR software will no longer open. I have worked with them extensively...
  3. WMI Error when trying to use an add on software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMI Error when trying to use an add on software: We are using an EMR Electronic Medical Records software for out staff at our therapy clinic. The power went out a couple weeks ago and when the computer shut off it must have corrupted the WMI file so the EMR software will no longer open. I have worked with them extensively...
  4. WMI Error when trying to use an add on software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD to SSD Samsung 860 EVO Data Migration Error Failed. 99%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to SSD Samsung 860 EVO Data Migration Error Failed. 99%: RORonaldHeuCreated on January 26, 2018HDD to SSD Samsung 860 EVO Data Migration Error Failed. 99%Hi,Current computer is a Dell Inspiron with intel core i7 Windows 10. It has a 1 TB hard drive with 16 GB ram.I'm trying to Clone my current HDD to my new SSD Samsung 860 EVO, but...
  6. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  7. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  8. Samsung Data Migration stuck at 0%, 99% or 100%

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Data Migration stuck at 0%, 99% or 100%: [ATTACH]Cloning your hard drive or migrating data between hard drives or SSDs used to […] This article Samsung Data Migration stuck at 0%, 99% or 100% first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Lost shortcut for Intel Data Migration Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost shortcut for Intel Data Migration Software: On another topic, I mentioned that Intel RST was making my BD/DVD drive disappear. I also read that the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management was playing havoc with users' systems. I uninstalled Intel RST and gained use of the SSD attached to the Optane board. I...
  10. Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung data migration cannot recognize my Samsung SSD 840 EVO: Like you, I encountered source disk bad sectors error when cloning with Samsung migration software. Resolved by using EaseUS Tool to clone. 26161

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung data migration error dbgheap.c