Windows 10: error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop

Discus and support error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to copy files from my external hard disk to my laptop but an error message came saying "cant read from souce file or disk". Any solutons?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nikitshrestha, May 4, 2019.

1. error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop

I tried to copy files from my external hard disk to my laptop but an error message came saying "cant read from souce file or disk".

Any solutons?

:)

nikitshrestha, May 4, 2019
  2. MoHazi Win User

external hard disk disconnected when starting to copy files or opening folder

Dears,

I have a relatively old external hard disk bought in 2006, It contains about 60 G of needed documents and files, when I blug it in the usb port the 3 disks partitions detected normally and I can see the list of folders and files inside, but as soon as I
    start copying any directory to my laptop running on windows 10, all the 3 disks disconnected and copy is stopped, the external hard disk disconnects also in case I start opening some directories and files.

I have tried all the usb ports in the laptop but the same issue (two 2.0 and one 1.0 ports)

I hope someone can help to solve this issue and to be able to get my files.

BR

HM

MoHazi, May 4, 2019
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 4, 2019
  4. error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop

3rd master hard disk error

Ugh, i just got that on my dads pc, he was ripping a dvd to his external hdd to play off the ps3, when we rebooted it he got a 3rd master hard disk error.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I reset the cmos for about 5 minutes thinking thats all i needed to do, but that didn't happen.

freaksavior, May 4, 2019
Thema:

error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop

1. error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop - Similar Threads - error while copying

2. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  3. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External HDD error while copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External HDD error while copying: Hi!I just bought a new external HDD, to make a second copy of everything I have in my PC. First, I tried to copy folders from a HDD to the other, but everytime it would crash 30 seconds after.I tried to copy the files from the HDD back into the PC where they were originally...
  6. copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive: when i am copying 2 large folders both more than 2GB in size from hard disk to usb external drive should i copy both of them at same time or one at a time???????? thnx in advance 176705
  7. "insufficient disk space" error copying large number of files to external hard drive

"insufficient disk space" error copying large number of files to external hard drive: I purchased a WD Elements external hard drive with a view to backing up the contents of my Win 10 laptop, particularly the pictures folder. The drive comes ready to use out of the box and File Explorer reports it's formatted as NTFS and has a 4.54 TB capacity. When I tried...
  8. while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space error message

while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space error message: I am having 476 Gb of a virtual machine and I am trying to take its backup in external USB disk. Here is a screenshot telling the free space on my hard disk 379 Gb [ATTACH] and here is a screenshot of error which I get when I try to copy paste the virtual machine vmdk...
  9. while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space

in Windows 10 Support
    while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space: I am having 476 Gb of a virtual machine and I am trying to take its backup in external USB disk. Here is a screenshot telling the free space on my hard disk 379 Gb [img] and here is a screenshot of error which I get when I try to copy paste the virtual machine vmdk files...
  10. External hard disk with errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External hard disk with errors: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external 500GB hard drive and I have errors on it. I checked it with hdd tune and crystal disk Info and it shows me errors. I'll get you a script and maybe tell me what I need to do to fix it. Wait for response! Thank you! A...