Windows 10: error while copying files from SD card

Discus and support error while copying files from SD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey ! I wanted to copy my video files from my camera's SD card to my Windows PC but something went wrong while it copy. Now I only find one file on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ben_95_332, May 19, 2020.

1. error while copying files from SD card

Hey !

I wanted to copy my video files from my camera's SD card to my Windows PC but something went wrong while it copy. Now I only find one file on the SD card where were more than 100 video files. That one file has no format type. I used a data recovery free software and it see my video files on the SD card but it says that those are NTFS Compressed Files and also NTFS Encrypted Files. How can I get back those files it's really important for me work related. Is it possible with Windows?

:)

Ben_95_332, May 19, 2020

2. Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, May 19, 2020
  3. Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

As mngerhold said, these might not be 2 TB cards. There have been scammers who sell cards with a claimed capacity far above the actual. This has been going on almost since SD cards first appeared.

So ... if you copy data to the SD card in excess of its actual capacity you'll get an error.

But typically the error message would indicate that the drive is full. Instead yours says "The file and directory is corrupted and unreadable." This suggests that the SD is defective.

But wait! I wonder whether that error message refers to the source that you're copying from?
    Or to the SD destination that you're copying to?

So check to see that all your source files are accessible and good. If they are good then it's plain that the SD is the problem.

It probably is at fault. Who ever heard of 2 TB SD cards? AFAIK the biggest ones are 1 TB, and they cost over $400 each.

margrave55, May 19, 2020
  4. smann20 Win User

error while copying files from SD card

Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

I purchased it from Amazon. It formats to 1.95 TB. There are other 2TB cards there.

- - - Updated - - -

Source is fine - Thecus NAS Raid 6, can copy and read from computer, phone, tablet, notebook, Surface no problems. Just cannot copy. As soon as the copying process hangs with that error, it wipes all files in the directories, but not the directories themselves. I have reduced the depth of the sub-directories and all seemed to be going well. I left it copying overnight and it worked. Just stopped now after about 5 hours copying this morning, on and off.
    So ... if you copy data to the SD card in excess of its actual capacity you'll get an error.

But typically the error message would indicate that the drive is full. Instead yours says "The file and directory is corrupted and unreadable." This suggests that the SD is defective.

But wait! I wonder whether that error message refers to the source that you're copying from?
    Or to the SD destination that you're copying to?

So check to see that all your source files are accessible and good. If they are good then it's plain that the SD is the problem.

It probably is at fault. Who ever heard of 2 TB SD cards? AFAIK the biggest ones are 1 TB, and they cost over $400 each.[/QUOTE]

smann20, May 19, 2020
Thema:

error while copying files from SD card

1. error while copying files from SD card - Similar Threads - error while copying

2. UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD: Hi i was trying to mod my 3ds and every time i copy the mod folders i getCan't read from the source file or disk. Also i clicked "Try again" and it shows the same error message Please help...
  3. UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO COPY FOLDERS IN SD CARD: Hi i was trying to mod my 3ds and every time i copy the mod folders i getCan't read from the source file or disk. Also i clicked "Try again" and it shows the same error message Please help...
  4. Copying from protected CD to a SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying from protected CD to a SD card: I am about to purchase a new car which does not have a CD player fitted. This is current trend with car manufacturers who appear to have ignored the fact that a number of CD's are protected in order to prevent copying. I have a number of such CD's which gives me a problem....
  5. Copying MP3 files to SD Card

Copying MP3 files to SD Card: I want to copy all of my music from my laptop to an 256Gb Micro SD card to use in a media player and my phone. I've now done it several times with the same result. I drag and drop the folder Called Music! Over several hours, maybe 6, it copies the 214GB over to the sd...
  6. Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Copy From PC To SD Card: I have 3 x 2TB sdcards which I purchased from Amazon to use in my Surface Pro and 2 Samsung tablets. I have been trying to copy files from my NAS drive via my Windows 10 PC to the card but after it copies some it comes up with an error. It manages to copy two levels of...
  7. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  8. Copying sd card to computer

Copying sd card to computer: I am trying to copy a 16 gb sd card to my laptop and it keeps stopping. It starts off good then the speed drops to 0. How can I keep this from happening so it finishes copying?...
  9. Copy mp3 music files to SD card for car stereo

Copy mp3 music files to SD card for car stereo: I have a new car which does not have a CD player but does have an SD card slot. I have copied and pasted mp3 files from a CD to an SD card but the card is not recognized by the car stereo. The card format shows exFAT file type. How can I get the car system to recognize...
  10. Copy Files from Hard Drive to SD Card - Painfully Slow Transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy Files from Hard Drive to SD Card - Painfully Slow Transfer: I am in the process of transferring files from my laptop's hard drive to a 256 GB SD card in the laptop's card reader slot. The transfer started quickly but then it slowed down drastically and has stayed down since. I've looked at some similar posts and tried a few of the...