Windows 10: Error while installing update

Discus and support Error while installing update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; An error pops up when i try to download windows update for .net framework it has this message "0x80240004"What should i do to make it download it?Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by prolomic, Oct 27, 2021.

1. prolomic Win User

Error while installing update

An error pops up when i try to download windows update for .net framework it has this message "0x80240004"What should i do to make it download it?Can someone help?

:)

prolomic, Oct 27, 2021
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Oct 27, 2021
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Oct 27, 2021
  4. Error while installing update

Update installation error

I have tried installing with WUA Manager and it seemingly installed and just shut down the device with no notice. (instead of restarting). It did not announce update was not installed. I had to turn on with power button. And Update history does not list the update with no notification. In contrast, the WUMT does not shut down or restart. It just notifies after 100% installation process that update was not installed with an error. In update history, the update is listed FAILED (with error)

The lengthy process of Command prompt: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and even lengthier process of:
    Windows Update Reset Tool > ResetWUEng did not help.(But I found out my product Key number which Best Buy refused to give me).

My next step would get live agent assistance from MS HELP department. Or just ditch the update.

coolnewyorker, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

Error while installing update

1. Error while installing update - Similar Threads - Error while installing

2. how to solve the error while installing the update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to solve the error while installing the update: I am facing the error 0x800f081f while installing windows update and i also can't find the windows update folder in registry editorin the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate...
  3. how to solve the error while installing the update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to solve the error while installing the update: I am facing the error 0x800f081f while installing windows update and i also can't find the windows update folder in registry editorin the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate...
  4. Error while installing updates on my windows

Error while installing updates on my windows: When I try to update my windows I get an error which says "We could not install this update but you can try again 0x800f081f". I have tried several time but it still persists. This issue occured when I got the 2023-01 Cumulative Update. I have also done clean reset of my pc...
  5. Error while installing updates on my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while installing updates on my windows: When I try to update my windows I get an error which says "We could not install this update but you can try again 0x800f081f". I have tried several time but it still persists. This issue occured when I got the 2023-01 Cumulative Update. I have also done clean reset of my pc...
  6. Error while installing update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while installing update: An error pops up when i try to download windows update for .net framework it has this message "0x80240004"What should i do to make it download it?Can someone help?...
  7. Error while installing update

Error while installing update: An error pops up when i try to download windows update for .net framework it has this message "0x80240004"What should i do to make it download it?Can someone help?...
  8. Error while installing 21318 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error while installing 21318 update: I was upgrading my device to Windows 10 21318 rs_prerelease. I have alsoasked a question earlier today about that but that was resolved. Now the updates were downloaded and installed Pending restart. When Irestarted my device, after it was 100% complete, my device restarted...
  9. error while installing an update

error while installing an update: i cannot install this update "2020-10 cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 2004 for x64 KB4578968". whenever the update was finished and i tapped on install button this "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again...
  10. Error occurs while installing updates

Error occurs while installing updates: • Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 - Error 0x8007007e • Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033631) - Error 0x8000ffff • Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4049411) - Error 0x8000ffff • Update for Windows 10...