Windows 10: Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

Discus and support Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] This is the error when I attempt to open gpedit.msc. Furthermore, my logon script ain't being executed. I would have no idea what I changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosta, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kosta Win User

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script [​IMG]

This is the error when I attempt to open gpedit.msc. Furthermore, my logon script ain't being executed. I would have no idea what I changed. I received the new HP Laserprinter, and installed their drivers, but hardly thinking that might be the cause...
    Any ideas, anyone seen anything like that? Googling gives stupid answers from MS, like ignore it...

:)

kosta, Sep 1, 2015

2. Auto logon after restart

Hi Moonrage,

You've mentioned that you've done a registry editor tweak already but still didn't work.

Just to make sure, does this include a step where you navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch?

If yes, you may try this steps where you will edit a group policy from the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    :

• Type Local Group Policy Editor from the Search bar.
    • Go to the User Configuration > Windows Settings >
      Scripts (Logon/Logoff).
    • Double-click Logon, then click Add.
    • Set the Script Name to: C:\windows\system32\reg.exe.
    • Set the Script Parameters to: add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the PC.

Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Hien_Le Win User
    No Logon or Shutdown sounds played when they are enabled.

I solved my issue by writing 2 VBS scripts logon/logoff for Group Policy.

Hien_Le, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

1. Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script - Similar Threads - Error while opening

2. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  3. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  4. Unable to open local group policy editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open local group policy editor: there are many of these and I tried some of them but I still can't open local group policy no matter what I do its still not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-local-group-policy-editor/a0bc9f6e-e518-4194-b500-b1ff2d5ef2c0
  5. Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd: I tried editing the local group policy from gui , now i trying to automate using a script . submitted by /u/the_oddsaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldciap/is_there_a_way_to_edit_local_group_policy_from_cmd/
  6. Problem in editing Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in editing Group Policy: Hello! For a little while now my computer has showed an error on the top of some of Windows Settings screens that say "Some settings are managed by your organization." I've seen another post on this forum that says to update the Group Policy of "Allow Telemetry" to 3 - Full...
  7. Local group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  8. Local Group Policy Editor_Script Error

Local Group Policy Editor_Script Error: Good morning everyone. I've been having issues with the below error for a few days whenever I run the gpedit.msc command and try to open any of the folders. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Any suggestions are appreciated. Happy Friday and take care of...
  9. local group policy

local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  10. Group Policy Edit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Edit Error: Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when I open group policy editor, began with build 10547 and is still happening with 10565. Any ideas what may have caused it, or...