Windows 10: Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

Discus and support Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] This is the error when I attempt to open gpedit.msc. Furthermore, my logon script ain't being executed. I would have no idea what I changed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kosta, Sep 1, 2015.

1. kosta Win User

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script [​IMG]

This is the error when I attempt to open gpedit.msc. Furthermore, my logon script ain't being executed. I would have no idea what I changed. I received the new HP Laserprinter, and installed their drivers, but hardly thinking that might be the cause...
    Any ideas, anyone seen anything like that? Googling gives stupid answers from MS, like ignore it...

:)

kosta, Sep 1, 2015

2. Auto logon after restart

Hi Moonrage,

You've mentioned that you've done a registry editor tweak already but still didn't work.

Just to make sure, does this include a step where you navigate to this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch?

If yes, you may try this steps where you will edit a group policy from the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    :

• Type Local Group Policy Editor from the Search bar.
    • Go to the User Configuration > Windows Settings >
      Scripts (Logon/Logoff).
    • Double-click Logon, then click Add.
    • Set the Script Name to: C:\windows\system32\reg.exe.
    • Set the Script Parameters to: add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\UserSwitch /v Enabled /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the PC.

Let me know how it works.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Hien_Le Win User
    No Logon or Shutdown sounds played when they are enabled.

I solved my issue by writing 2 VBS scripts logon/logoff for Group Policy.

Hien_Le, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script

1. Error while opening Local Group Policy Editer / Problem Logon-Script - Similar Threads - Error while opening

2. Local group policy -user specific

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policy -user specific: Trying to move the local group policy I set up on one of my Windows 10 laptops to all my other windows 10 laptops. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-user-specific/5392b7b6-66c8-46e0-84c4-52904a9aaac7
  3. Powershell Local Policy editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Local Policy editing: Hello guys! At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long. But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised. I'm not getting anywhere with it, as I edit Policy values in the Registry, it does not show up in the gpedit.msc window. One...
  4. Group Policy problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Group Policy problem: I was going along just fine. Have Build 17746. Now all of a sudden it says on insider page Your organization manages insider preview builds through a telemetry group policy setting. Then has a fix me button that is grayed . I remember having this problem before but lost the...
  5. Will Installing 'Group Policy' on Home Edition Cause Problems?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Installing 'Group Policy' on Home Edition Cause Problems?: I got win 10 home edition. Of course it doesnt come with Group Policy since I dont have the pro edition. But I can install it. But if I do will it give problems? 112439
  6. group policy error

in Windows 10 Support
    group policy error: I Setup a new PC for a friend on Saturday 28/11/15 Brand new desktop with Windows 10 Setup using a local Admin Account 2 days later - message appears on starting up (after the login prompt) "Windows could not connect to the Group Policy Client service. This...
  7. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...
  8. Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Group Policies reverting to [Not Defined]: Hi there, I'm trying to make it so my user name is not displayed on logon. Every time I change the group polices, they always revert back to [Not Defined] on reset. I tried regedit and gpedit.msc. [img] 104004
  9. Group Policy Edit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy Edit Error: Have been searching the various forums and haven't found any reference for this, was hoping someone may have run across a similar problem, happens when I open group policy editor, began with build 10547 and is still happening with 10565. Any ideas what may have caused it, or...
  10. Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Local Group Policy Editor in Windows 10: When I enter gpedit.msc I get the MMC instead of group policy, how do I go directly to group policy? [img] 79976