Windows 10: error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

Discus and support error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dnhzndr, Apr 16, 2020.

1. dnhzndr Win User

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004.

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good 556a6070-45ff-4f3a-b001-e0c02985924e?upload=true.png

:)

dnhzndr, Apr 16, 2020

2. Windows 10 App "Movies & TV" plays MP4 Videos with Low Sound!

Wow! How many hurdles to ask a question!???

As per title, upgraded to Windows 10 and all my MP4 video's suffering with no Video and low level audio when playing back using the "Movies & TV" app.

MKV files again no video but sound is ok.

Plays AVi files fine. Video and Audio good.

Great App!!!

CraigMinter, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Movies and TV UWP app will not play security cam AVI

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to play AVI files using Movies & TV app. The Movies & TV app supports most of the video file formats including AVI. For more information, see

File formats supported by the Movies & TV app in Windows 10

However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• What happens when you try to play AVI videos in Movies & TV app?
    • Do you receive an error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to download the
    MPEG-2 Video Extension
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

Get Movies & TV - Microsoft Store

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good - Similar Threads - error while playing

2. movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    movies and tv app won't play sound on mp4: I created a movie with windows live movie maker. It plays bothe video and audio fine in movie maker.I saved it as wmv file on my computer and it play fine on movies and photo app.Now, I convert the wmv file using VLC media player to mp4. It plays fine on VLC media...
  3. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...: I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for video editing reads them from that app & now non of my project files can open the videos and I cannot do any of my work on my...
  4. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  5. Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos won't play-Movies & TV app Windows 10: Windows 10-Videos Movies & TV is set as my default app in settings. When I double click on a video, the video image loads OK, but when I hit the play button, nothing happens. However, when the same clip isopened with Windows Media Player, it plays fine. Question: If...
  6. Movies & TV App Doesn't Play Shows/Movies While Offline

Movies & TV App Doesn't Play Shows/Movies While Offline: Hello Microsoft, I'm very displeased as to the Movies & TV application runs on my Windows 10 laptop. I move around quite often for my job so I might be in locations where I don't have access to internet readily available in my accommodations. I figured I would download...
  7. Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound

Movies & TV App Is Broken, Won't Play Sound: The "Movies & TV" app has a bug where it won't play sound, regardless of which movie or TV show is played. All other Windows apps play sound just fine. I attempted to uninstall and re-install the app, and now it's on an infinite loop of re-installing. So really, why...
  8. movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?

movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files?: movies & TV app can't play sound in mkv files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-tv-app-cant-play-sound-in-mkv-files/021849a8-e4e1-4a71-91d2-d47b43b98998
  9. speed videos in Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed videos in Movies & TV app: How can I speed videos in Movies & TV app? I mean I want to watch a one-hour video in just 30 or 40 minutes just like in YouTube. Thank you in advance. Greetings...
  10. No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos

No Color in Movies and TV while playing videos: Why no color in The app Movies and TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/no-color-in-movies-and-tv-while-playing-videos/e8321ded-81c1-4e47-982b-9618990b361d