Windows 10: Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....

Discus and support Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong.... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello Laptop : HP EliteBook 840 G2 Operating System: Windows 10. Error: Sorry, something went wrong. close windows hello, and then try going... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shahid Ur Rahman, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....

Hello

Laptop : HP EliteBook 840 G2

Operating System: Windows 10.

Error: Sorry, something went wrong. close windows hello, and then try going through the step again.

The error shows up while registering fingerprint.

Let me mention this that it was working fine with my right thumb. Then I reinstalled windows 10 due to some reason and now it allows all finger except my right thumb.

Note: I have already tried the solution mentioned below, which was given in the forum and its not working for me.

1. Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    2. Right-click the driver under Biometric devices - Properties
    3. Check tab Power Management, untick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
    4. Comeback to set-up fingerprint, you're done

Please let me know some other possible solution.

Regards

Shahid Ur Rahman

:)

Shahid Ur Rahman, Mar 24, 2019

2. registering fingerprint and windows hello always says Sorry something went wrong.

trying to register my fingerprint to use Windows Hello and every time I swipe my fingerprint in the Windows Hello setup box it says "Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again.

But I don't know how to close windows hello.

I have a HP EliteBook Folio 9470m running Windows 10 and it worked once but then I reset the computer and it does not work this time.

Lex

Alexei Gitter, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    Cannot Register Fingerprint in Windows hello.

Hi Muhammad,

We'd like to know a couple of things so that we can better address your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you use a Microsoft account to sign in before you registered your fingerprint? If so, are you using the same Microsoft account right now to do the same thing?
    • What was the exact error message that you got? It would be great if you can provide us a screenshot.
    • Have you tried signing in with the previous fingers you registered?

If you're using the same Microsoft account to register your fingerprints and you were able to sign in with the fingers you previously registered, that means they are already registered in Windows Hello and you don't need to re-register them again (thus,
    the possible error you're getting). You have the option to add multiple fingerprints or remove all fingerprints that are currently registered under your account.

If you have other questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us.

Dice Vil, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....

WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong.... :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

Alec§taar, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong....

1. Error while registering fingerprint | Windows 10 | (Error: Sorry, something went wrong.... - Similar Threads - Error while registering

2. Prompt an Error "Something Went Wrong" When Registering a New Fingerprint as Windows Hello...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompt an Error "Something Went Wrong" When Registering a New Fingerprint as Windows Hello...: Hello All,I am writing this as I am having an issue when register a new fingerprint to use the Windows Hello function.I have searched the solutions online but it seems does not help for me, so here are the solutions I tried:1. Reinstall the Drivers of the Fingerprint Scanner-...
  3. Prompt an Error "Something Went Wrong" When Registering a New Fingerprint as Windows Hello...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prompt an Error "Something Went Wrong" When Registering a New Fingerprint as Windows Hello...: Hello All,I am writing this as I am having an issue when register a new fingerprint to use the Windows Hello function.I have searched the solutions online but it seems does not help for me, so here are the solutions I tried:1. Reinstall the Drivers of the Fingerprint Scanner-...
  4. “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Something Went Wrong” PIN Error: Hi, all. Really hoping I can find help for this issue. I just went to log onto my laptop and it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available”. I cannot remember my password and have tried every possible combination based on the password hint I set up. I’ve never had...
  5. fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint log in option not working: Sorry something went wrong: I have a Lenovo Ideapad flex 15 . The fingerprint login was working well before I got some windows update and manufacture drivers update. after these updates, this option gets "sorry something went wrong" message and won't let me go through to set up fingerprint. I did...
  6. Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Window Hello Fingerprint setup - 'Sorry, something went wrong.': This happens every time I want to setup my fingerprint. The driver and Windows are up-to-date. It worked fine with my previous account but I accidentally messed up the account and I deleted it and used the Administrator account until now. How do I solve the error? Thank you....
  7. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  8. Something went wrong with the projection error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Something went wrong with the projection error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is made with the aim of building an operating system to enhance a user’s productivity. Hence, modern computers running Windows 10 have capabilities to wirelessly project their screen to an external display. Microsoft has a pre-installed and...
  9. Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sorry, something went wrong. Microsoft Rewards issue: When I try to redeem a $5 Starbucks Gift Card, it gives me the following message: Sorry, something went wrong. We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. Please help....
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registering fingerprint and windows hello always says Sorry something went wrong

2. something went wrong windows 10 fingerprint

3. fingerprint setup sorry something went wrong

4. fingerprint sorry something went wrong,
  5. fingerprint and windows hello always says Sorry something went wrong lenovo,
  6. something went wrong. try again later error when adding fingerprint,
  7. fujistu fingerprint went something wrong,
  8. how to fix something went wrong while registering for windows hello,
  9. Computwer set up fingerprint keep saying something went wrong,
  10. windows 10 administrator fingerprint Sorry something went wrong.,
  11. windows 10 fingerprint setup sorry something went wrong,
  12. sorry something went wrong fingerprint setup lenovo,
  13. something went wrong windows hello fingerprint,
  14. something went wrong while setting up fingerprint,
  15. Somethig wenrt wrog while setup fingerpritn