Windows 10: Error while resetting the PC

Discus and support Error while resetting the PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Getting the BSOD when I tried to reset my PC after moving all my data to external hard disk. All I see is this and four options: Recovery Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zellapurugu, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Error while resetting the PC

Getting the BSOD when I tried to reset my PC after moving all my data to external hard disk. All I see is this and four options:

Recovery
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.
    The OS couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or containing errors.
    File:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    Error code: 0xc0000221

You'll need to use windows recovery tools

Press Enter to try again
    Press F8 for Startup settings
    Press Esc for UEFI firmware settings
    Press F9 to use a different operating system

Tried creating a bootable USB with the ISO file.
    No luck getting detected.

Please help me out.

HP Envy 15t Notebook PC
    Windows 10

:)

zellapurugu, Apr 6, 2017

2. While resetting the PC, i powered off the PC. what should i do??

Hi Carl,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the exact error message you get?
    Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to download an
    ISO image of Windows 10 and try to install again using the Media Creation tool.

Download Windows 10

Installation Media tool:

Windows 10 herunterladen

Once the bootable media is created, follow next step:

Step 2: Perform Start up Repair.

Follow the steps mentioned below to perform Start up Repair:

a. Insert the installation DVD or
    USB
    and boot Windows 10 from it.

b. Select “Troubleshooting” from the first Window and then select “Advance Options”.

c. Then select “Automatic Repair” from “Advanced options” window.

This will help you to boot into your Operating system again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 6, 2017
  3. While resetting the PC, i powered off the PC. what should i do??

I have a dell inspiron all in one. I am resetting the PC and I accidently turn off the power, then I turn it on. it says: you have to download windows and install it. I have to use my PC at now. what should I do to make it right??

thanks for who gave me the answer!!

Carl Wang CK, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Error while resetting the PC

When you moved the files, did you do so by a cut and paste method? If you ended up moving an important system file that could explain why you are having this issue. Either that, or something else wiped out the kernel for the OS.

Now what you will likely have to do is resintall Windows. Often times to get a computer to boot from a USB drive, you need to go into your UEFI/BIOS and disable both fast startup and secure boot.

How did you go about creating the flash drive? Did you just simply copy the ISO to the flash drive? That wont do it. You need to use a tool like Rufus, or the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft.

ArazelEternal, Apr 7, 2017
Thema:

Error while resetting the PC

1. Error while resetting the PC - Similar Threads - Error while resetting

2. Turned of pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned of pc while resetting: I accidentally turned of my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help...
  3. Turned of pc while resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turned of pc while resetting: I accidentally turned of my pc when it was factory resetting and now whenever I turn it on it just show republic of gamers loading screen then goes to hdmi no signal screen it just keeps repeating idk what to do please help...
  4. Pc crashed while reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashed while reseting: My pc was crahsing while gaming so I tried various ways to fix it and when it was all said and done , I exhausted all my resources and myself to try to fix this. I then reset the pc and while doing so, it said "An error has occured" and crashed. I now cannot install windows...
  5. Pc crashed while reseting

Pc crashed while reseting: My pc was crahsing while gaming so I tried various ways to fix it and when it was all said and done , I exhausted all my resources and myself to try to fix this. I then reset the pc and while doing so, it said "An error has occured" and crashed. I now cannot install windows...
  6. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  7. get error while resetting PC

get error while resetting PC: I have an Asus Laptop. I was trying to reset my pc. But during reset precess blue screen was apperering and showing stop code : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, what failed : igdkmd64.sys. Then rebooting to previous Windows 10. Due the error being encountered during reset process of...
  8. get error while resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset

Error -"There was a problem while resetting your PC" during Windows 10 reset: I have an HP Laptop and I am trying to reset my Windows 10 .The procedure goes on fine at starting but once it reaches to 58% it just goes and boots back to my original Windows 10 and shows me-"There was a problem while resetting your PC".It does not do anything but each time...
  10. Error while resetting my windows 10 pc

Error while resetting my windows 10 pc: My asus e203na eeebook have 32gb internal and as i see its filled up with useless data, then i decided to reset it but it gives error every time and i also tried it from boot but doesnt work . Plz help me out ....