Windows 10: Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

Discus and support Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017] in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use USB boot to install Win10. It'd work fine for many PC but this one. The box show "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Faraway&&Beyounce, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

I use USB boot to install Win10. It'd work fine for many PC but this one.
    The box show "Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu." and after I click new, the box "We couldn't create new partition" [0x80070017]
    I tried to change the Sata controller in IDE configtion but there are 3 options: Enhanced, compatible, disable, no sight of "ACHI"
    I really dont know what to do.

:)

Faraway&&Beyounce, Nov 28, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Anthony Gal, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017

I have been trying like crazy to do a clean install of windows 10 after being stuck in the blue screen loop. I finally copied all of my files off and was ready to do a clean install. I go to delete all partitions of disk 0 and I try and delete the "system"
    partition and I get the error "we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017".

I cannot proceed installing windows on a different partition, not deleting this one, I get the error "windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x80070017...help!
    So frustrated.

TroyStrong, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017]

1. Error Window 10 setup: We couldn't create a new partition [0x80070017] - Similar Threads - Error Window setup

2. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].: Attempting to create a new partition leads me to this error message attempting to reinstall my windows After pressing the power button twice then the restart button because i mistaken the power button as the restart button so once i figured out my mistake i tried fixing...
  3. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].: Attempting to create a new partition leads me to this error message attempting to reinstall my windows After pressing the power button twice then the restart button because i mistaken the power button as the restart button so once i figured out my mistake i tried fixing...
  4. We couldn't create a new partition. [Error: 0xcc20f8f0].

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup

in Windows 10 News
    We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering We couldn’t create a new partition error message on your Windows computer while installing Windows 10, then the solution we will present […] This article We couldn’t create a new partition error during Windows Setup first appeared on...
  6. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  7. windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing..: I am trying to install windows 10 1909 downloaded from microsoft download page into my m.2 drive. I want to use mbr system so I made sure that my m.2 drive is mbr using AOMEI partition tool but the problem when I run the windows 10 setup I get this error when I select my m.2...
  8. We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    We Couldn't create a new partition or locate ... Installing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hi everyone! I am trying to install Windows 10 and I am having problems with the SSD. When I try to install it I get the next error: We couldn’t create a new partition or locate an existing one Ok so looking for a solution and find this:...
  9. we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017

we couldn't delete the selected partition. error 0x80070017: I have been trying like crazy to do a clean install of windows 10 after being stuck in the blue screen loop. I finally copied all of my files off and was ready to do a clean install. I go to delete all partitions of disk 0 and I try and delete the "system" partition and I get...
  10. "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error

"We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one" error: When I try to do a clean install of Win10 Home 64-bit on a Dell Inspiron N5010 (a little over 4 years old) using the Media Creation Tool on a USB, I get to the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen and when I select the Drive 0 Unallocated Space I get "We couldn't...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. we couldnt create a new partition [Error : 0x80070017] solution

2. We couldn t create new partition error 0x830ca050

3. Partition error 0x80070017

4. new partition 0x80070017,
  5. we couldnt ctreate new partition error:0x80070017,
  6. 0x80070017 partition,
  7. we couldnt create a new partition error 0x80070017,
  8. we couldnt create a new partition 0000000f,
  9. We couldnt create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information see the setup logo file