Windows 10: Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

Discus and support Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I hav 3 computers on a network. On two of the computers I can connect to all three and access all three. On the third computer I can access one but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bold pilot, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

I hav 3 computers on a network. On two of the computers I can connect to all three and access all three. On the third computer I can access one but when I try to access the other I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not have permission to access \\computer name. Contact your network administrator for permission to request access."

I am the administrator and sole user. How do I gaine access?

***Modified title from: network ***

:)

bold pilot, Aug 23, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Optimxr Win User
    Windows Cannot Access\\ PC(computer name) Errors

If I understand you, here is a folder without special characters. I get the same network error.

Error: Windows cannot access \computer name you do not havepermission to access \computer... [​IMG]

Optimxr, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

MS Access - #NAME? error

Lately I've been forced to work with MS Access, not quite my own preference but I have no choice here. So I've been learning myself some access, going quite well. THough for the past days I've been frustrated by the #NAME? error. I'm trying to make a textbox which gets its data from a control source, works fine. However I want the default value to be a select max query. I made the query, which works perfectly. When I add the query to the default value field it tells me #NAME? though. Any way of entering the query fails. However, if I make a combobox or listbox and add the query it works just fine. Does anyone here happen to be some MS Access guru or simply know the answer to this issue?

I already found the attached piece of text (couldn't copy it so I made a screeny, damn PDF) it didn't help at all though.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

1. Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer... - Similar Threads - Error cannot access

2. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  3. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A: I have two computers COMPUTER-A and COMPUTER-B connected to a wireless network. Everytime I try to access COMPUTER-A from COMPUTER-B I get a network error "Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A. Contact your network...
  4. Windows cannot access \\COMPUTER-A. You do not have permission to access \\COMPUTER-A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows cannot access \\computer name You do not have permission to access computer name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access \\computer name You do not have permission to access computer name.: This questions pertains specifically about network setup between 2 computers - windows 11 and windows 10 respectively. I have read multiple questions on this microsoft community forum specifically about this exact same problem.... with NO resolutions provided. I have the...
  6. Windows cannot access \\computer name You do not have permission to access computer name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access \\computer name You do not have permission to access computer name.: This questions pertains specifically about network setup between 2 computers - windows 11 and windows 10 respectively. I have read multiple questions on this microsoft community forum specifically about this exact same problem.... with NO resolutions provided. I have the...
  7. Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name"

Windows cannot Access \\"Home Network Computer Name": Help. I keep getting this message along with; Windows 10 - errror 0x80070035 when I try to access the two laptops on my home network. There are three machines. The two laptops and a desktop. The two laptops can access the desktop, but not vici verca! I have ahared all Drives...
  8. You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name)

You Do Not Have Permission To Access \\(computer name): I have an in-home Private network with two computers connected through an Ethernet/WiFi router. The laptop is connected via WiFi and the desktop is connected via Ethernet. The laptop has full read/write access to all folders of the desktop. However the desktop receives the...
  9. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc....

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc....: I’m using DELL vostro 3470 i5 8th generation pc having windows 10 version 1809 an unable to access my pc thorugh another pc over the same LAN network where i can access all other pc easily. I have turned on all sharing features in network sharing centre but facing issues...
  10. Windows Cannot Access\\ PC(computer name) Errors

Windows Cannot Access\\ PC(computer name) Errors: My two network machines that are at issue are Windows 10 Pro, vers. 1803 and Windows 10 Edu, vers.1803. They are ethernet connected(Gigabit-ethernet) and in the same WORKGROUP. After successfully coping several large .iso files from IMAGEONE(source) PC to SIMTRON(destination)...