Windows 10: Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network

Discus and support Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Samsung Galaxy Book that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I have a small home network (Microsoft), using computers with Windows10 &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Old Jim(2), Jul 2, 2019.

1. Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I have a small home network (Microsoft), using computers with Windows10 & Windows 7. I have set the file sharing options same as on my other computers. But whenever I try to access a folder on another computer I get a message saying Windows cannot access the computer I'm trying to connect to. It informs me I do not have permission to access the other computer and says to contact the network administrator. This is a problem since this is a home network there is no network administrator, and I am signed in to the Galaxy book as the administrative user. I have set the book beside my other Windows 10 computer that shares files correctly compared every setting in network setting and file sharing options and all the settings are the same but I cannot get this book to access the other computers.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on where I should go next?

***Modified title from: Samsung Galaxy Book with Windows 10 Home ***

:)

Old Jim(2), Jul 2, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 2, 2019
  3. BRU
    bru Win User
    Network computer is not accessible

I have a new computer. On it I am able to see all the other computers on my network but I can't access my desktop. I get an error "The desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource..."

I can access the desktop from all the other computers on the network. Those computers were in the previous Homegroup while the new computer was not so I wonder if that is somehow the reason?

Its not a universal problem with the desktop not being accessible, rather only on the new computer, all other computers can access the desktop. And conversely the new computer can access all the other computers on the network, just not the desktop.

Is there a setting on the desktop preventing this new computer from accessing it? I don't think so, but am at a loss as to why this is happening.

4. BRU
    bru Win User

Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

I tweaked the Function Discovery services so I can see all my networked computers, and enabled sharing on folders but I am having an issue with one computer getting an error when trying to access another. Can someone take a look and possibly help?

Network computer is not accessible - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network

1. Error: Windows cannot access the computer when trying to access computer over the Network - Similar Threads - Error cannot access

2. Access to computers on a Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access to computers on a Network: I have three computers on my home Network. I can see all three computers on the Network, when I double click on the computer ICON in Networks, my goal is to drill down and see the files on that computer from a different computer. I am prompted for a User ID and Password so I...
  3. Computers on network cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on network cannot be accessed: We have 2 new laptops call them 1 and 2 and 2 old laptops call them 3 and 4. From laptops 1 and 2, we can access shared files on 3 or 4 and vice versa but laptop 1 and 2 cannot connect with each other. Obviously, all sharing permissions are set since the new and old can share...
  4. Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network: I know have all of my computers on Windows 10. When I had only one on Windows 10 I could share all of the computers and their files including the Windows 10 one. Now I can only share printers. I can see all of the computer under Network but when I press on one of the other...
  5. Accessing Computers Over Home Network

Accessing Computers Over Home Network: We have three computers at home. When all three computers were on Windows 7, sharing was a pain in the...but it worked. Everyone could basically access everything on everyone else's computers. Two computers were recently upgraded to Windows 10, one is still on Windows 7....
  6. Accessing a computer on a network

Accessing a computer on a network: I can see both of my computers on my network in Explorer but cannot access the files I have shared on that computer as it asks for the network credentials. What are these and how do I find out what they are?...
  7. Error 0x870070035 - While trying to access computer network

Error 0x870070035 - While trying to access computer network: I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse the other computer drives with no problems. It can be pinged using machine IP address or machineName.local with no...
  8. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  9. Network computer is not accessible

Network computer is not accessible: I have a new computer. On it I am able to see all the other computers on my network but I can't access my desktop. I get an error "The desktop is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource..." I can access the desktop from all the other...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...