Windows 10: error "Windows cannot find [fiename.jpg, jpeg]

Discus and support error "Windows cannot find [fiename.jpg, jpeg] in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Double-clicking on jpg, jpeg, gif files in current Windows 10 gives "Windows cannot find [filename]. Won't open using Open With from right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanC291, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DanC291 Win User

error "Windows cannot find [fiename.jpg, jpeg]

Double-clicking on jpg, jpeg, gif files in current Windows 10 gives "Windows cannot find [filename]. Won't open using Open With from right-click menu.

MS Photos won't run from Start menu. Tried Repair, Reset without success.

Restores from Windows restore didn't work. I finally did a restore from a cloned backup drive. Worked OK.

BUT... when I ran Windows Update to get current, problem returned.

Attempt to reinstall Photos results in notice that Photos is already installed. All other apps work OK.

Thanks.

:)

DanC291, Oct 25, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

error "Windows cannot find [fiename.jpg, jpeg]

1. error "Windows cannot find [fiename.jpg, jpeg] - Similar Threads - error cannot find

2. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  3. JPG/JPEG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG/JPEG files: I upgraded from 10 to 11 in June. Upgrade seemed to go fine. Now I have noticed all my JPG/JPEG files are Adobe files. When I try to save an email attachment from Outlook it converts the JPG files to Adobe. Is there a setting I need to change?Seems to be happening for email...
  4. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  5. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  6. Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot open jpg/jpeg files: Whenever I try to open a jog or jpeg file I get the message that this file type is not supported. Has anyone else had this problem.?How can I fix it? Thanks...
  7. how to change .jpeg to .jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to change .jpeg to .jpg: how to change .jpeg to .jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-jpeg-to-jpg/f09c66eb-489b-4c86-b218-fb3f66e6a86c
  8. Windows 10 and .jpg/jpeg images

Windows 10 and .jpg/jpeg images: I am having problems with pulling a .jpg/jpeg image into my Janome Digitizer Embroidery program. All answers to the problem that I have read says to reset Microsoft Photo App. It mentions that "app data will be gone" or something to that effect. Does this mean I will lose...
  9. Excel JPEG to jpg

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel JPEG to jpg: Windows 10 Home. I am wanting to rename and number about 30 photos sent by a friend. I have never had any difficulty doing this: just bag them up, name the first one, Enter, and they are all named and numbered. This time I am getting two number ones, two number twos and so...
  10. Windows saving as jpeg instead of jpg

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows saving as jpeg instead of jpg: Not sure if this is a windows problem or not but I've tried everything with my browsers to resolve this. Whenever i save an image in firefox and chrome the save file type is greyed out and the images are always saved as jpeg instead of the native jpg and my embroidery...