Windows 10: Error: Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer....

Discus and support Error: Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When trying to start using Services panel get "Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimJersey, Feb 20, 2020.

1. JimJersey Win User

Error: Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer....

When trying to start using Services panel get "Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

The Event Viewer has an entry in the System list that says "The Windows Defender Firewall service depends on the Windows Defender Firewall Authorization Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Running the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter results in the following message "Windows Firewall cannot be set as the default firewall. This problem may be occurring because of an existing Group Policy or because you using the Norton Security Online firewall program. If you want to use the Windows Firewall,exit this troubleshooter, uninstall the other firewall program.and then run this troubleshooter again.".

Norton was installed on this computer but was removed using the Norton Remove tool run several times. All other Antivirus programs have been removed from this computer by a Norton technician that gave up after a while. I've run Microsoft Security Essentials in Safe Mode and it found no problems. Ran ESET Online Scanner in Safe Mode and it found no problems.

Ran the sfc /scannow command into an elevated command prompt. No issues found.

Ran "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" and it said no corruption."

The computer is runnning Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, OS build 18362.657

I'd be grateful for any ideas of what else I can try? Something in the registry perhaps? Thanks.

***Original title: Windows Defender Firewall won't start on Windows 10 version 1903***

:)

JimJersey, Feb 20, 2020

2. Windows Firewall wont work anymore = no online gaming

Niko084: I done what you said and I went down to Windows Firewall and clicked start....it then gives me this error:

Could not start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing(ICS) service on local computer.
    Error 1075 The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.

Iam no expert...but that sounds horribly wrong...marked for deletion??? lol

Irish_PXzyan, Feb 20, 2020
  3. niko084 Win User
    Windows Firewall wont work anymore = no online gaming

Don't attempt to start it directly, just set it to automatic and restart your computer.

niko084, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Darko_04 Win User

Error: Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer....

Windows Firewall wont start from services

Hello, I have a problem. When I try to open Windows Firewall from services it shows error message

'Windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer

Error 1068: The dependancy service or group failed to start'

This problem started with no ethernet connection and no firewall. I found a solution for ethernet with some cmd commands

and i restarted my PC. Later when i turn on PC i dont have firewall.

Darko_04, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Error: Windows could not start the Windows Defender Firewall service on Local Computer.... - Similar Threads - Error start Defender

2. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...: i cant update my windows and when i checked the services. The windows update service option cant get started. its said:Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The System Cant Find The File Specified...
  3. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...: i cant update my windows and when i checked the services. The windows update service option cant get started. its said:Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The System Cant Find The File Specified...
  4. Windows Could Not Start The Windows Update Services service on local computer error 2: The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  6. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...: Hello.I am trying to get a musical device to sync up with Windows 10 via USB to perform an update. The update app requires Bonjour Service to work. I am unable to sync my device to my PC. I looked in my services at Bonjour and it looks like Bonjour is not started. Clicking on...
  7. Services: Windows could not start the Bonjour Service service on Local Computer - Error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer. error:1068

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer. error:1068: when press start button on windows defender firewall in services it says error 1068:the dependency service or group failed to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-defender/f95716b9-bfec-4ab1-9301-f895b85608ad
  9. windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer. error:1068

windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer. error:1068: when press start button on windows defender firewall in services it says error 1068:the dependency service or group failed to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-could-not-start-the-windows-defender/f95716b9-bfec-4ab1-9301-f895b85608ad
  10. windows could not start the windows defender firewall service on local computer. error:1068

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the windows defender firewall service terminated with the following service specific error the parameter is incorrect

2. windows 10 1903 systeemfout 1068