Windows 10: error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app

Discus and support error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app it is not unninstalling or opening[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IshaanSardana1, Jun 14, 2020.

1. error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app

error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app

it is not unninstalling or openingerror with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app [​IMG]

:)

IshaanSardana1, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Dave____J Win User

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

google chrome will not open

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Are you getting any error messages when it tries to open?

The first thing I would try is to restart your computer and then test it.

If a restart does not work then I would suggest to open task manager and close any chrome servers.

To do this you can right click the task bar and select task manager.

Then click "more details".

Under the processes tab scroll through everything and look for anything that says chrome or has the chrome icon.

For anything that is chrome click on it then select "end task".

After this is done go to the "details" tab and do the same steps.

After this attempt to open chrome again.

If neither of these work then you should try to uninstall chrome then re-install it.

Thagstrom, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. error with chrome unnistalling or in open the chrome app - Similar Threads - error chrome unnistalling

2. Can't open Chrome?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Chrome?: Okay so I have Windows 10 right now and I wanted to download Chrome, so I did. However, once I went to go and run Chrome for the rest of the setup, I get a pop-up saying, "You'll need to ask to use this app. You can't use Google Chrome because of your family safety settings,...
  3. Chrome not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome not opening.: After recently getting my new computer around 20/09 this year chrome hasn't been working. When I go to open chrome it shows a black window for about a millisecond and closes. I've tried to use firefox and the same issue happens. I have also tried excluding the app from my...
  4. chrome is not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    chrome is not opening: help for solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-is-not-opening/94f4272c-24d6-4f61-8939-85ac0d789336
  5. Chrome not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome not opening: Hi, I just got a laptop with windows 10 and downloaded Chrome on it. But when I open that or any other browser downloaded from the internet it says you need a new app to open this ms-wpc link. I tried some of the troubleshooting steps online like th epowershell one but it...
  6. Chrome not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome not opening: My google chrome will not open, I have tried uninstalling and restarting my computer but nothing is working. No errors pop up itsimply wont open, any tips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-not-opening/e035fe75-9b25-4d9c-a8fe-35df297ce448
  7. chrome will not open

chrome will not open: **** chrome will not work * Moved from Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-will-not-open/c10fdabb-9e4b-44fe-88cd-378408baa957
  8. RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RUNTIME ERROR WHEN CHROME IS OPENED: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely for security reasons. It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the...
  9. google chrome will not open

google chrome will not open: Restarted my computer and now Google Chrome will not open up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-will-not-open/ac556932-f95f-4c55-887f-dbe4c5984b43
  10. Opening Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening Chrome: Why do I have to give permission for the Chrome "App to make changes to my device"? It isn't changing anything, it's just my search engine. Is there a way to stop this without disabling security?...