Windows 10: Error with e-mail address for account verification

Discus and support Error with e-mail address for account verification in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to log in to the Microsoft store and other places with a new browser or device it seeks to verify that I am who I say I am. I changed my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by bambismonkey, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Error with e-mail address for account verification

When I try to log in to the Microsoft store and other places with a new browser or device it seeks to verify that I am who I say I am.

I changed my account e-mail address in December 2019 and that is correctly displayed at the top of the message. But the only account that I can send the verification e-mail to is the one I changed from in December and which I no longer have access to.

I attempted to create a support ticket but all options require selection of a product and general account security is not listed and there is not a 'none of the above' option either. I'm happy to provide the e-mail address and an image taken of the subject message if you tell me where to send it to.

:)

bambismonkey, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Karl Lahm Win User

Microsoft Account Verification E-mail Problems

After successfully setting up Windows 10 and, apparently, Microsoft Account, I spent many hours attempting to get Microsoft Account to recognize me via my Comcast e-mail addresses, with no luck. It would allow me to change e-mail addresses and notify me
    of the same, ditto for passwords, and send codes to my phone. But whenever I tried to sign in with my Comcast e-mail and password, the "we sent you a verification e-mail" screen would pop up, asking me for the code received. But I never received any code
    via Comcast e-mail. This prevented me from activating Office 2016 on my new computer, for a week. The Virtual Assistant was useless, as was all info I could find via Bing or Google searches. Finally, I changed my e-mail address to my seldom-used Gmail account,
    and then successfully received a verification e-mail and was able to manage my Microsoft Account settings and activate MS-Office. This is beyond annoying, but I expect that Microsoft will blame Comcast for blocking its verification codes.

Karl Lahm, Jun 11, 2020
  3. pyro Win User
    Replacing Microsoft Account Administor E-Mail Address

Hello,

I recently changed my e-mail address and then logged into my Microsoft account. The administrator account still shows my old e-mail address under my account name. How to I change my old admin account e-mail address with my new e-mail address?

Thank you

4. MikeS6 Win User

Error with e-mail address for account verification

Receive e-mail correspondence at an e-mail address that is not associated with my account

When I order, for example, movies from the Windows Store, I always receive the order receipt at an e-mail address that is not associated with my Microsoft Account. The e-mail address is not listed anywhere in my Microsoft Account, yet I continue to receive
    correspondence at that address.

I do not want to continue receiving correspondence related to my Microsoft Account at that e-mail address. Within the online account management tools provided at http://account.microsoft.com, however, I can find no way to change that behavior.
    The e-mail address is not listed as an account alias (in
    Your info > Manage sign-in email or phone number), it is not part of my billing profile (in
    Payment & billing >
    Billing info), and it is not listed as an alternative e-mail address (in
    Security & privacy > More security settings).

It is my understanding (from various chats with Microsoft support) that the e-mail address in question may have been the primary e-mail address on the account in the past, which is why it is still (somehow) associated with my Microsoft Account despite the
    fact that I removed it from my Account a long time ago. Various levels of Microsoft Support have been unable to help. They just keep passing me along to different departments without ever helping. Their latest response pointed me to this community. Is there
    any way someone at Microsoft can remove that e-mail address so that it is no longer associated with my Microsoft Account?

MikeS6, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Error with e-mail address for account verification

1. Error with e-mail address for account verification - Similar Threads - Error mail address

2. Won't receive verification e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't receive verification e-mail: When I try to login, I am supposed to fill in the rest of the hidden e-mail to make sure I know the full e-mail and after doing that I am supposedly sent a verification code to said e-mail. However, I have tried multiple times now on different days and never have received the...
  3. Won't receive verification e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't receive verification e-mail: When I try to login, I am supposed to fill in the rest of the hidden e-mail to make sure I know the full e-mail and after doing that I am supposedly sent a verification code to said e-mail. However, I have tried multiple times now on different days and never have received the...
  4. E-mail verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    E-mail verification: 10min after creating Microsoft account I got an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** asking me to verify which just ended up sending me to Microsoft page. Is this a phishing email or is it actually a legit email...
  5. e-mail address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    e-mail address: How do I change the e-mail address of a family member? Moved from: Outlook.com Email Managing email folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-address/5ec32c45-2254-4be6-add2-d6ff8aff3cda
  6. Wrong E-mail address

Wrong E-mail address: We got a new laptop today. We used an e-mail account yahoo, which has a letter missing. But we registered the office with the right e-mail addressyahoo. We cannot remove the wrong account. The only option is Manage. It only allows us to remove the correct e-mail address. I...
  7. misspelled e- mail address.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    misspelled e- mail address.: How do I correct a misspelled? Microsoft popup keeps telling me my e-mail address needs to be corrected but it won`t let me . All I`m changing is one letter but it says it`s not available....
  8. New e-mail address

in Windows 10 Customization
    New e-mail address: I have a new e-mail address. How do I change to the new e-mail address in User Accounts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-e-mail-address/afae0d28-ed3d-47c7-ac49-7cadd7055493
  9. e-mail delete addresses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    e-mail delete addresses: How do I delete some e-mail addresses? Thanks very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mail-delete-addresses/1148dcf5-fb81-49fe-b814-c5c57a809bd7
  10. e-mail address

e-mail address: Someone is using my e-mail address but with outlook.com rather than hotmail.com, which I use. That person is claiming that they are getting my mail and telling me to change e-mail address, which I don't want to do. Help!!...