Windows 10: Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

Discus and support Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to open my any photos, screenshots or videos it shows the error saying package could not be registered as shown below.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kunal_123, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Kunal_123 Win User

Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

When I try to open my any photos, screenshots or videos it shows the error saying package could not be registered as shown below.

:)

Kunal_123, Nov 30, 2021

2. Windows Photos Export Video Project Problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the Photos App, while exporting video project. We were able to create and export the video project. So the issue could be with photos app installed in the PC. I would suggest you
    to follow the steps mentioned in these methods.

Method 1: Please refer the steps as mentioned in

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    article.

Method 2: You can also try to re-install the app using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can install the Photo app from Microsoft Store.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Video editor gone from Photos

Hi Sam,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing feature on Photos app. I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue.

1. May I know on which device the issue persists?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to provide
    the details.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix.

Method 1

Update Photos app

Refer the article Check updates for apps and games from Microsoft Store
    for the steps.

Method 2

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and follow the steps.

You may also refer the suggestions from Riley
    Lynn Nairn dated on May 7, 2018
    regarding the issue with the missing Video editor feature.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

Unable to export videos using Photos application

Hello,

I understand that you are unable to export videos using Photo application, let us try few troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

Refer the article on Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Photo application.

To do that,

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Windows PowerShell.
    3. Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart the computer and reinstall Microsoft Photos app from Microsoft Store.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

1. Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store - Similar Threads - Error Microsoft photos

2. Microsoft photos and video editor error updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft photos and video editor error updating: Had error updating both photos and video editor on store.Tried uninstalling and reinstalling... now can't install always shows error "Something unexpected happened Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your...
  3. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  4. Storing pictures in MS Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing pictures in MS Photos: I sought an answer to this question before but perhaps I didn't word it well.I am scanning a collection of photographs that was years in the making, and I want to store them in several folders my choosing. I don't want the app to decide where to place them. Can this be done?...
  5. Storing pictures in MS Photos

6. Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store

Error with Microsoft photos, videos and also ms store: When I try to open my any photos, screenshots or videos it shows the error saying package could not be registered as shown below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-with-microsoft-photos-videos-and-also-ms/3d4d77be-c087-428e-9ac9-078953a74f89
  7. Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo

Video edit in MS Photos: adding a photo: I am using the application in Win10 with local storage, and am trying to insert a photo in a 4 minute videoclip. 1. It gets placed at the end, but I want it at a precise point to illustrate what is being said. 2. I need to retain the audio track while the photo is...
  8. MS photo will not install from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS photo will not install from MS Store: MS Photo will not install from Store to my windows 10 PC. It downloads about 1 MB installs a 16kb executable and then stops. this just hap[pened today after I got the error message that MS Photo app isn't started. Tried the same BS to repair, reset, update, delete uisng...
  9. Microsoft photos - videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft photos - videos: With my photos app I can only add pictures, no videos. With my previous laptop I could create video projects and edit videos, but with my new laptop that option doesn't seem aviable. What can I do to fix this?...
  10. Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store, Photos and Video Editor are gone: As stated, I went to go open a picture and noticed the photos app wasn't listed anymore. Went to go to the store to redownload it and that also wasn't there. I've attempted to use powershell to reinstall them but i keep getting an error. When i try to open the "files" from...