Windows 10: Error with sending a request for additional family time

Discus and support Error with sending a request for additional family time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son's computer is seeing an issue with trying to ask for more internet time. He sees the message- [ATTACH] When he tries to send a message for... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by makamps, Jul 16, 2020.

1. makamps Win User

Error with sending a request for additional family time

My son's computer is seeing an issue with trying to ask for more internet time. He sees the message-

Error with sending a request for additional family time 4ddb5876-2317-4d8c-8945-5eed7c5cc0e1?upload=true.jpg

When he tries to send a message for more time, he sees the following;

Error with sending a request for additional family time 9d971fab-5abb-48d5-8ec4-fe17ae4a250e?upload=true.jpg

He restarted the system, he's applied the most recent update. I went so far as to pull him off of the family setting, he received this email as confirmation that he was removed.

Error with sending a request for additional family time 2087e949-c6f4-4766-9c20-b56b25c180c2?upload=true.png

After all this and being removed from the family, he is still having the automated timer go off as if his family settings were live, and he still gets the error.

What options do we have to fix this?

:)

makamps, Jul 16, 2020

2. Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Support Engineers:

Please read my issue and the steps I have already taken very carefully -

My Issue:

• I have screen time management setup for my children.
    • When they surpass their allocated time, they are presented with the option to request additional time (as expected).
    • PREVIOUSLY, I would receive an email asking for my approval to grant them additional time. I would approve and they would be able to use their accounts (as expected).
    • CURRENTLY, I no longer receive the email once they click on the request for more time. They are unable to log into their accounts which is impacting their ability to complete homework assignments.

Steps I have already tried that did not work:

• Rebooted
    • Tried to submit the request from multiple PCs
    • Deleted all files under the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls folder
    • Tried running the Family Safety Time Limits tool (doesn't work on Windows 10)
    • Applied all known Windows Updates

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for your time

John Timotheou, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Child unable to submit request for additional time

Hi,

There are a number of reasons why your child was getting an error while sending a request for time in Windows 10. Aside from the troubleshooting steps that you’ve performed, you can also download and run the
    Family Safety Troubleshooter. This will automatically diagnose and fix issues concerning with family safety services.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Error with sending a request for additional family time

Microsoft Family additional Screen Time requests not being sent

Hi Billion -

This is a good suggestion. I tried to remove the family member (the other adult on the account) and then re-add it. Then we tried sending a request from a child account. I got the request email, but she did not, so unfortunately this suggestion appears not
    to work.

What would cause one account to get emails and another account to not get them? I wish there was some diagnostic log exposed so it might be easier to get good recourse to these mysterious problems.

Do you have any other suggestions?

codekaizen, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Error with sending a request for additional family time

1. Error with sending a request for additional family time - Similar Threads - Error sending request

2. 800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 11 send request not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 11 send request not working: My son was working on a paper and I approved more time but his computer isn’t reading it. It’s not an option to shut it down since he will lose everything. I’m done with this app. Once I get it off, I won’t be turning it back on as we have spent 2 hours on this. The app isn’t...
  3. 800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 11 send request not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 11 send request not working: My son was working on a paper and I approved more time but his computer isn’t reading it. It’s not an option to shut it down since he will lose everything. I’m done with this app. Once I get it off, I won’t be turning it back on as we have spent 2 hours on this. The app isn’t...
  4. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  5. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  6. Unable to submit request for additional time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to submit request for additional time: I have a child account setup under my family. It was working fine until recently. The account is setup so that he must send a request to me for time after a certain hour. His account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your...
  7. Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents

Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents: Both of the children have Microsoft Family settings on their computers. Both of the children keep running out of time and ask for time extensions. Thanks COVID-19 virtual learning! The request is sent by email and screen notification to my husband. I USED to get these...
  8. Family takes too long to send request to parent

Family takes too long to send request to parent: After my kids issue a request for bonus time , it takes very long even more than an hour before I receive the request as a mail. They always have to call me up when time runs out, when making homework... I have to open browser on my phone and adjust allowed time for that day...
  9. 800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 10 send request not working

800705b4 error code in family screen time windows 10 send request not working: hi, my child wants to go on my windows 10 computer I put in my parent is here it shows error 800705b4 so I did sen request I put in the time and it does not turn on what do I do now?...
  10. Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug Report for Microsoft-Family: Kids Additional Time Request with wrong Time-Stamp: Our son requested additional Time and the message was send in time (14:45 local time), but the small text at the bottom of the message was "[Name] has requested at [Date] 12:45 ..." We live in Europe (UTC+2)....