Windows 10: Error with SSD drive

Discus and support Error with SSD drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Windows on my new SSD and I have my old Windows installed on the hard drive. I formatted the drive via gparted, but received an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CeleMartin, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Error with SSD drive

I installed Windows on my new SSD and I have my old Windows installed on the hard drive.

I formatted the drive via gparted, but received an error message 0xc0000225 that means unable to find the file windows\system32\winload.exe. The recovery mode cannot find the problem. I really don’t want to reset all the files installed on the SSD. What can I do?

:)

CeleMartin, Oct 15, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Oct 15, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Oct 15, 2018
  4. WesKlatt Win User

Error with SSD drive

Upgrading HP SSD drive on HP 750-524

I purchased an HP Envy tower with a 128Gb SSD which is where Windows is installed, I have purchased a new 1TB SSD drive that I would like to replace the 128 GB drive with. My machine did not come with the Windows 10 Media, what steps do I need to take before
    I install the new drive and install windows.

• Where do I get the Windows 10 install
    • What steps are needed to create an Install disk
    • Do I have to deactivate my old install before removing the old drive.
    Please let me know if there are any other considerations.

Best Regards,

Wes

WesKlatt, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Error with SSD drive

1. Error with SSD drive - Similar Threads - Error SSD drive

2. Clone SSD & switch boot drive: winload.efi error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clone SSD & switch boot drive: winload.efi error: Any wisdom to share, please?PC is working fine, in old partition I have access to both partitions but can boot from old SSD only. New SSD Cloned C drive to clonezilla After turning new partition online & solving disk collison error Boot fails. F8 start recovery not work. Blue...
  3. Will changing laptop HDD to SSD fix drive error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing laptop HDD to SSD fix drive error?: So my laptop having an issue saying drive error. I'm wondering if chamging my hdd to ssd would help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-changing-laptop-hdd-to-ssd-fix-drive-error/e915e53c-2d53-4b3a-873c-751b742aee5e
  4. Error 0xc1900204 SSD and HDD drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0xc1900204 SSD and HDD drives: Hi, I have the identical problem as articulated here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-error-0xc1900204-version-1909-ssd-boot/b6710342-514e-4bfa-8a9c-cc9e21807484 But this is locked, and the registry file is no longer available. I reset the...
  5. CHKDSK and Defragment Error on SSD drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHKDSK and Defragment Error on SSD drive: Hello, I'm using an SSD as primary drive in my system, windows 10 is installed in that. 2-3 days before, an electric power cut occured two times, while the system is operating. I have one HDD for storage, one for running another OS. as dual boot Two days before, while...
  6. ssd drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssd drive: I formatted my ssd drive from my laptop and installed linux mint 19 last week... SO, now i decided to install windows 10 now; so i bought windows 10 pr dvd 2 days ago but when i tried to install windows 10 and it said it cant because drive 0 partition 1 total size...
  7. Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Trying to Clone SSD Drive to another SSD Drive: Okay, So here's the thing. Laptop with small (16GB) Optane SSD & 1TB Seagate HDD failed. Retailer tried to repair, repair failed. Retailer replaced machine with new (lower spec) machine that only has m.2 NVMe PCIe sockets. Bought a small 'Proof-of-concept' SSD to check the...
  8. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  9. SSD questions, new to SSD drives

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD questions, new to SSD drives: Does a SSD drive need to be defrag? I read some say no and some say yes. Now it should just be swapped out with my old drive with the same plugs, right? This is only a extra drive not my booting drive. It there any other things I need to do or know, thanks! 133735
  10. SSD Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Drives: What is the fastest drive config. ? Is it the M2 socket. Getting ready for new build,speed is my main goal,hate to wait for computer to boot. 37645