Windows 10: Error with windows defender

Discus and support Error with windows defender in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot open my windows defender? When I open it, it will ask for an app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mayCorGIE2, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Error with windows defender

I cannot open my windows defender? When I open it, it will ask for an app.

:)

mayCorGIE2, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

windows defender

Hi Ronald,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information to isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Error with windows defender

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Error with windows defender

1. Error with windows defender - Similar Threads - Error defender

2. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  3. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107: Windows Firewall Defender stop my computer from using Internet. I also tried to resolve the problem using command prompt I typed "netsh advfirewall set profiles state on" to enable firewall,but there was an error code 10107 fail to start. Please help me with this problem.I...
  4. How do I enable Windows firewall Defender by using command prompt? Error code 10107

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. defender is gone and error message on starting up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender is gone and error message on starting up: i disabled the windows defender to install a gme by defender disabeling tool. after that i found a lot of viruses so deleted the game files an defender was gone. there was no security center in my services and no wscsvc in registery files. i install registery manually and...
  6. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  7. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...: Already tried granting permissions in regedit and taking ownership of the file + granting everyone permissions, also ran a "sfc /scannow" command to search for any corrupt files, but I get the exact same error....
  8. Cannot import registry file for windows defender, getting error "cannot import file...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Every time I run MSERT I get the following error: VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I run MSERT I get the following error: VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore....: What kind of PUP is VirTool:Win32/Defender TampingRestore? Why does it come up every time I run MSERT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-run-msert-i-get-the-following-error/092c4605-1efd-41af-ae03-282c8fbb62ea
  10. Every time I run MSERT I get the following error: VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore....

Every time I run MSERT I get the following error: VirTool:Win32/Defender TamperingRestore....: What kind of PUP is VirTool:Win32/Defender TampingRestore? Why does it come up every time I run MSERT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-run-msert-i-get-the-following-error/092c4605-1efd-41af-ae03-282c8fbb62ea