Windows 10: Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana

Discus and support Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a serious issue with Windows, which means I cannot use search or taskbar features. It seems to have something to do with the incorrect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrEpic, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MrEpic Win User

Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana

I'm having a serious issue with Windows, which means I cannot use search or taskbar features. It seems to have something to do with the incorrect installation of shell experience and cortana, but every time I try to manually launch them they crash immediately. I've tried lots of powershell commands from other topics similar, nothing is working. I really dont want to have to reinstall windows as I have a lot of data which will take days to set up again.

Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana 9ff581cc-e243-4c3f-9c9c-d0fad3c4447e?upload=true.png Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana 9a740f9f-fb3d-48e1-9495-e1261cfd158f?upload=true.png

:)

MrEpic, Jun 29, 2020

2. Shell experience not running in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Does that mean the Start menu Cortana and the Task bar is not responding?

• Which is the current build installed on the computer?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Where exactly did you find that the shell experience not running?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows update and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with the required information. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows Shell Experience Host

Hi,

In answer to your query, Windows Shell Experience Host is a part of Microsoft Windows Operating System that you may have seen in your Task Manager. Sometimes, Windows Shell Experience Host consumes high memory or resources.

If you discover that Windows Shell Experience Host is consuming high memory or resources, we recommend installing the latest update of Windows 10. To do this, you can refer to the support article below:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana

Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana

1. Error with Windows Shell Experience and Cortana - Similar Threads - Error Shell Experience

2. FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!: FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-the-error-in-crashing-settings-and-windows/428ae66e-f560-4214-85ac-e20b00b664ca
  3. FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!!: FIX THE ERROR IN CRASHING SETTINGS AND WINDOWS SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST !!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-the-error-in-crashing-settings-and-windows/428ae66e-f560-4214-85ac-e20b00b664ca
  4. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  5. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working: Hello, can anyone please help me. This morning I open my laptop to see none of my pin apps or even the start button. I restart it and now I can see my pin apps but start isn’t working. And when I try to open setting from my pin it says “ there’s a problem with windows shell...
  6. Windows Shell Experience Host Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with "Windows Shell Experience Host": Some toolbar actions have stopped working after my last update. Current install OS Windows 10 Pro 2004; KB457021 update applied On the toolbar: - "Action Center" won't open - "Ink Workspace" doesn't work - "Internet" icon doesn't open the sidebar of available When I open...
  8. windows shell experience host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows shell experience host: A new program showed up on my computer with the latest Micro Soft upgrade called "windows shell experience host," two days ago. It comes up in a window when I boot up, and wants me to allow it access. Anyone ever heard of it? It wants me to let it on my system, but my...
  9. windows shell experience

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows shell experience: Is windows shell experience host needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shell-experience/aeba2ada-cc17-4698-9bd1-3112b4299a61
  10. windows shell experience host terminated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows shell experience host terminated: I have perhaps a clue that may help you (or Microsoft). I first started seeing windows shell experience host closed from time to time when my PC started from sleep (event id 1002, closed because it stopped interacting with Windows). But as I traced the events further, this...