Windows 10: Error with windows store and xbox apps

Discus and support Error with windows store and xbox apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys! First post, so bear with me: 1. I have terabytes of games from windows and xbox on my PC 2. Suddenly, and after no updates, no antivirus, etc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ssowell78, Aug 20, 2018.

1. ssowell78 Win User

Error with windows store and xbox apps

Hi guys! First post, so bear with me:
    1. I have terabytes of games from windows and xbox on my PC
    2. Suddenly, and after no updates, no antivirus, etc, all my games go to a spash screen and then just do not run.
    3. I have tried the following: clean install, troubleshoot windows update and windows store, reset store using admin, reset apps, uninstalled and reinstalled apps, ran a surface scan, etc.
    4. Follwing several posts, I found one that gave me a way to use powershell to check for issues (using admin again)
    5. Here is the report:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\Win ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNot
    FoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

So, I googled this issue and found a fix, so I thought, and ran this using the admin POWERSHELL
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.Ins
    tallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    modifies are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.17733.1000.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-2da0-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-2da0-64cec238d401
    At line:1 char:38
    + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_44.17733.1000.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-35a0-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-35a0-64cec238d401
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException

Microsoft.WindowsStore_11805.1001.47.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-77a2-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-77a2-64cec238d401
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

Microsoft.WindowsStore_11805.1001.47.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-0000-02fd-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-0000-02fd-64cec238d401
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher
    version of this package is already installed.
    Windows cannot install package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.1610.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because it has
    version 10.0.1610.0. A higher version 10.0.17112.0 of this package is already installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-eca2-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-eca2-64cec238d401

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D06, The package could not be installed because a higher
    Windows cannot install package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.1610.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe because it has
    version 10.0.1610.0. A higher version 10.0.17112.0 of this package is already installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-eea2-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-eea2-64cec238d401

Windows cannot install package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.25426.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because it has version
    14.0.25426.0. A higher version 14.0.26706.0 of this package is already installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-06a3-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-06a3-64cec238d401

Windows cannot install package Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.25426.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe because it has version
    14.0.25426.0. A higher version 14.0.26706.0 of this package is already installed.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-09a3-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-09a3-64cec238d401

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\Program
    Files\WindowsApps\7458BE2C.WorldofWarships_7.3.3.0_x86__x4tje2y229k00\AppXManifest.xml' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFou
    ndException

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D0D, The deployment operation failed because the volume is
    offline.
    Windows cannot install package 7458BE2C.WorldofWarships_7.7.0.0_neutral_~_x4tje2y229k00 to volume J: because the
    volume is offline.
    NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] ce63dd61-38c2-000b-36a4-64cec238d401 in the Event Log or use
    the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID ce63dd61-38c2-000b-36a4-64cec238d401

My apologies for the long log, but I know this is the most important thing when doing these troubleshooting issues.
    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated since Microsoft does not provide support for "Windows Insiders" on the slow build track. I have also rolled back to prior install and still same issue.

Thanks again,
    Stephen

:)

ssowell78, Aug 20, 2018

2. Xbox App Error code 0x80048504?

Hi Andyy,

If you received this error code 0x80048504, there could be an issue with the Xbox live server, your network connection, or with the account itself. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps

Please click this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 2: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe and then hit Enter. 

Step 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

• Click Start and type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Hit Enter. 
    • Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.  

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows store and xbox app not working

Hi,

We would like to know more about your issue when you're launching Windows Store and the Xbox app. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you receiving any error messages when you're trying to launch the application and the Windows Store?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Are you having the same issue with the other applications?

In the meantime, you can refer to this
    article
    to run the troubleshooter for Windows Store apps. You can also try to reset the Windows Store by following these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R and the Run dialog box will appear.
    • Type Wsreset.exe and press Enter.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

New Xbox beta app update available for Windows 10

Source: Xbox (beta) app - Windows Store

Brink, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Error with windows store and xbox apps - Similar Threads - Error store xbox

2. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  3. Microsoft Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store / Xbox App: Microsoft store and xbox app will not work as intended. Nothing can be installed or updated in either program and a reset of the Microsoft store does nothing. I have already uninstalled the store and reinstalled it did nothing. When resetting it states that it will...
  4. Error codes for microsoft store and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error codes for microsoft store and xbox app: Hey i have gone to play minecraft when this popup came up, the picture is bellowi have tried all methods and i cannot even get onto the windows store without this popup as welli am very stuck and confused on what to do if any of you could get back to me it would really be...
  5. Error codes for microsoft store and xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error codes for microsoft store and xbox app: Hey i have gone to play minecraft when this popup came up, the picture is bellowi have tried all methods and i cannot even get onto the windows store without this popup as welli am very stuck and confused on what to do if any of you could get back to me it would really be...
  6. Error codes for microsoft store and xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Xbox app and Windows store will not open.

Xbox app and Windows store will not open.: Alright, Xbox app and Windows store applications aren't working, but there its likely there are other ms apps that wont work as well. There is no error message, just a flash of the window and its gone. I have tried troubleshooting this for the past week and I have got no...
  8. Xbox App 0x80070424 error and windows store the same

Xbox App 0x80070424 error and windows store the same: Trying to download Minecraft Dungeons - Windows 10 Standard Edition from both the Microsoft Store and Xbox App. I currently have a PC Game Pass that is tied to naturally to my Xbox Game Pass. I own the disc version of the game on Xbox One, but I cannot download the game on...
  9. Windows Store / Xbox App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Store / Xbox App: So a little while ago I decided to wipe my computer by reinstalling Windows 10, get a clean slate, but after installing I realised that I didn't have a few core applications like the Windows store, windows photo viewer or the Xbox app, I've tried to search for a fix on both...
  10. Windows Store and Xbox app

Windows Store and Xbox app: So a couple days ago I reinstalled windows while keeping my apps and files. (so just reinstalled windows and reset settings) When I finished setup I tried to open the Windows Store and nothing happened no window opened nothing. So I though whatever, then went to multiple...