Windows 10: Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid???

Discus and support Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, So all of a sudden a program or two will not run nor can I install a new version of CCleaner as well. I get a popup error message of "Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by graywoulf, Jun 23, 2021.

1. graywoulf Win User

Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid???

Hello all, So all of a sudden a program or two will not run nor can I install a new version of CCleaner as well. I get a popup error message of "Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid" at each attempt to run or install CCleaner. I am here because you guys know how to fix any W10 problems so I hope you can help me once again. Thanks, Rick

:)

graywoulf, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Haroko Win User

Can't uninstall or install any applications because of "NSIS Error: error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid"

Hello, appreciate the response. I've tried to shift+delete the installer and installed a new installer. The new one still says "NSIS error: Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid." and it can't perform the proper setup of the
    application.

Haroko, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Haroko Win User
    Can't uninstall or install any applications because of "NSIS Error: error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid"

Hello, thanks for the reply! Here is the log for the Method 2 provided by Neha Gupta.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.18362.1

Error: 2

An error occurred. The directory in the temporary folder C:\Users\X556\AppData\Local\Temp\ could not be created.

Ensure that the path to the temporary folder exists and that you have Read/Write permissions on the folder.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 10.0.18362.1

Error: 2

An error occurred. The directory in the temporary folder C:\Users\X556\AppData\Local\Temp\ could not be created.

Ensure that the path to the temporary folder exists and that you have Read/Write permissions on the folder.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Haroko, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid???

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid???

1. Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid??? - Similar Threads - Error writing temporary

2. "error writing to the temporary location"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "error writing to the temporary location": Hi, I have windows 10 pro 22h2 and I have downloaded application running java environment and its files but when I click app it occurs "error writing to the temporary location" by the way, I saw "error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid". my friends...
  3. "error writing to the temporary location"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "error writing to the temporary location": Hi, I have windows 10 pro 22h2 and I have downloaded application running java environment and its files but when I click app it occurs "error writing to the temporary location" by the way, I saw "error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid". my friends...
  4. "error writing to the temporary location"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.: Hello. I have an error when every time i play a game, about every 20 or so minutes, it goes into a black screen and the error pops up saying - "NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.", now, the game is still open, i hear the audio, but it's just a black...
  6. NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.: Hello. I have an error when every time i play a game, about every 20 or so minutes, it goes into a black screen and the error pops up saying - "NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.", now, the game is still open, i hear the audio, but it's just a black...
  7. NSIS Error Writing Temporary File. Temp Folder Is Not Valid.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. NSIS error Writing Temp. file. Make sure your temp. folder is valid?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NSIS error Writing Temp. file. Make sure your temp. folder is valid?: I was updating my Nvidia GeForce driver which is my graphics driver on my laptop. After the update, this message keeps appearing every few minutes. Please help....
  9. Can't open temp file for writing!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open temp file for writing!: Hi all, I'm trying to play a video game. Upon loading the game I'm shown an error message: "Can't open temp file for writing!". I've tried everything that I could think of/find online. I just don't have permission to write to that folder. I did a clean install of Windows 10...
  10. Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Temporary Folders Appearing Outside System Temp Folder: Recently, based upon advice I read on another site, I moved the location of the system temporary folder from my SSD to my HDD. Now, I have empty temporary folders (at least they start with Temp) appearing outside the system temporary folder. Here's a screenshot: [img]...