Windows 10: Error - You cannot access this Right now

Discus and support Error - You cannot access this Right now in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello All.. Trust all doing well and safe. Recently my organization moved to office 365 and all clients to Win-10. Whenever am trying to login to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Ramana, Jul 30, 2020 at 6:08 PM.

1. Ramana Win User

Error - You cannot access this Right now

Hello All..

Trust all doing well and safe.

Recently my organization moved to office 365 and all clients to Win-10. Whenever am trying to login to Outlook am getting this error frequently (attached screenshot), have removed the email ID (security purpose). Either i have to restart or again close the app and need to login again. When i checked with my IT they do some settings in some spooler (i believe) it works that time but again the same error after 2 or 3 days later. Is there any solution for this?

My windows version is OS Build 17134.472

Regards.
    RR.

:)

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' Error.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item’ when trying to access one particular file. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you trying to access the shortcut of the file?
    • Which anti-virus are you using on the computer?

I would suggest you try running the application as an administrator and see if that helps. To do this, right click on the file and select
    Run as administrator.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or
    file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7, however, holds good for Windows 10.

Alternatively, you can also try enabling hidden admin account and check if you are able to access the file in hidden admin account.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling the hidden admin, try accessing the file.

Note: Make sure to disable hidden admin by using the command
    net user administrator /active:no after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Error - You cannot access this Right now - Similar Threads - Error cannot access

2. 'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.: I've got a new computer running Windows 10 Home v 1909 which I'm adding to my Home Network via wifi ['Private']. I've got the following options selected... Under Advanced Sharing Settings -- Private Network 'Turn on network discovery' radio button 'On', 'Turn on automatic...
  3. Access Rights

Access Rights: I can never get this correct - and have not found a good reference. If there is one - please point me to it. I have 5 user accounts on my PC - a master admin account, and then 4 user accounts. I want to limit access to certain folders (just a select few) to the master...
  4. Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...

Error: Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not havepermission to access \\computer...: I hav 3 computers on a network. On two of the computers I can connect to all three and access all three. On the third computer I can access one but when I try to access the other I get the error message "Windows cannot access \\computer name you do not have permission to...
  5. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc....

Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc....: I’m using DELL vostro 3470 i5 8th generation pc having windows 10 version 1809 an unable to access my pc thorugh another pc over the same LAN network where i can access all other pc easily. I have turned on all sharing features in network sharing centre but facing issues...
  6. Now you see it, Now you don't

Now you see it, Now you don't: For a while I could see all computers on my home network and could access the shared drives on them, and also print to the network printer which is hard wired to one of the desktops. . Then something happened. Now only the Windows 7 machines show up under "Computers" - all...
  7. Windows Smartscreen "cannot be reached right now"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Smartscreen "cannot be reached right now": I have 2 builds I'm fine-tuning before letting go to customers: one of them give me the "smartscreen cannot be reached" sometimes, not all the time, even though the system is up, connected to net, etc. The other does not, which is what I would expect. That one is a ACER ES1...
  8. What Games are you playing right now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Games are you playing right now?: Insurgency for me... I'm kinda addicted. *Tongue [img] [img] [img] [img] 25787
  9. What Games are you playing right now? [2]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Games are you playing right now? [2]: Been playing some Assassin's Creed Origins... [img] 100610
  10. Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights: I have a Windows 10 system with a Spanned Logical drive consisting of two HDD's. Recently, I had to change my user profile to a new one (the original profile became corrupt). I reconfigured the new user as the main user with administrator rights (using the hidden...