Windows 10: Error - You cannot access this Right now

Discus and support Error - You cannot access this Right now in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello All.. Trust all doing well and safe. Recently my organization moved to office 365 and all clients to Win-10. Whenever am trying to login to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Ramana, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Ramana Win User

Error - You cannot access this Right now

Hello All..

Trust all doing well and safe.

Recently my organization moved to office 365 and all clients to Win-10. Whenever am trying to login to Outlook am getting this error frequently (attached screenshot), have removed the email ID (security purpose). Either i have to restart or again close the app and need to login again. When i checked with my IT they do some settings in some spooler (i believe) it works that time but again the same error after 2 or 3 days later. Is there any solution for this?

My windows version is OS Build 17134.472

Regards.
    RR.

:)

Ramana, Jul 30, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' Error.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive an error, ‘'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item’ when trying to access one particular file. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you trying to access the shortcut of the file?
    • Which anti-virus are you using on the computer?

I would suggest you try running the application as an administrator and see if that helps. To do this, right click on the file and select
    Run as administrator.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or
    file" error when you try to install, update or start a program or file

Note: The above mentioned article is for Windows 7, however, holds good for Windows 10.

Alternatively, you can also try enabling hidden admin account and check if you are able to access the file in hidden admin account.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

net user administrator /active:yes
    4. After enabling the hidden admin, try accessing the file.

Note: Make sure to disable hidden admin by using the command
    net user administrator /active:no after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 30, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Error - You cannot access this Right now - Similar Threads - Error cannot access

2. You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.: You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 5/20/2024 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code. On 4/20/2024 you...
  3. You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in.: You can't access this site right now This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 5/20/2024 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code. On 4/20/2024 you...
  4. You can't access this site right now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You can't access this site right now: This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 9/7/2023 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.On 8/8/2023 you requested that your security info be...
  5. You can't access this site right now

You can't access this site right now: This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 9/7/2023 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.On 8/8/2023 you requested that your security info be...
  6. How to fix "You can't access this site right now"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "You can't access this site right now"?: I just bought a new laptop and I used my hotmail account during the Windows 11 set up phase. After the set up was completed, I tried to run the recommended Windows updates. After some installations, the update prompted me to restart. Then I saw a Startup Repair message...
  7. How to fix "You can't access this site right now"?

How to fix "You can't access this site right now"?: I just bought a new laptop and I used my hotmail account during the Windows 11 set up phase. After the set up was completed, I tried to run the recommended Windows updates. After some installations, the update prompted me to restart. Then I saw a Startup Repair message...
  8. gamebar cannot record right now

gamebar cannot record right now: hello my gamebar doesnt want to record any footage, it says we cannot record that righ now try again later. iver tried to remove all xbox software via powershell and even a factory reset. im using windows 10 pro 20H2 19042.685 example of what i did:...
  9. What Games are you playing right now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Games are you playing right now?: Insurgency for me... I'm kinda addicted. *Tongue [img] [img] [img] [img] 25787
  10. Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights: I have a Windows 10 system with a Spanned Logical drive consisting of two HDD's. Recently, I had to change my user profile to a new one (the original profile became corrupt). I reconfigured the new user as the main user with administrator rights (using the hidden...