Windows 10: Error You can't install Windows on USB drive

Discus and support Error You can't install Windows on USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my Windows 10 1607 to 1809. When i finish download everything and start preparing it's stop and say You can't install Windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RedKing012, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Error You can't install Windows on USB drive

I want to upgrade my Windows 10 1607 to 1809.

When i finish download everything and start preparing it's stop and say You can't install Windows on USB drive.

I want to upgrade/update it not install Windows 10 on USB drive.

I already try using MediaCreationTool1809 and WindowsUpdateAssistant still the same have result.

:)

RedKing012, Apr 20, 2019
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 20, 2019
  3. DarkEgo Win User
    Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Apr 20, 2019
  4. 7.62 Win User

Error You can't install Windows on USB drive

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

Thema:

Error You can't install Windows on USB drive

1. Error You can't install Windows on USB drive - Similar Threads - Error can't install

2. I can't install Windows from USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Windows from USB drive: I'm trying to install Windows on a brand new gaming PC I've just built. I've used Google to see if I can find an answer and I came across this post on the Answers forum:...
  3. Can't install windows from USB 3.0 drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install windows from USB 3.0 drive?: Hi, I've recently been blessed by the gods with a RTX 3080. I finished my build and... I can't install windows. I manage to reinstall windows on other computers with the USB 3.0 drive. But not this one. I get stuck on this screen see the attachment. I've read online...
  4. "This PC can't run Windows 10, You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive during setup"

"This PC can't run Windows 10, You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive during setup": Hi, I've been trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update on my laptop specifications below, but I seem to get this error no matter what I try. The update doesn't show up in the "Check for updates" utility on the UWP control panel, and so I've tried using the upgrade tool...
  5. "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive while using Set-up."

"You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive while using Set-up.": So, I'm trying to upgrade my windows 10 to the newest version but when I try I get the "You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive while using Set-up." error. The only external device I have plugged in is a hard drive with 84.3 GB of space available. My C: drive has 18 GB...
  6. 1607 update fail - You can't install windows on a USB flash drive ....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1607 update fail - You can't install windows on a USB flash drive ....: I am running WIN 10 on a desktop PC and as of Monday I had all the current release updates installed (Not an insider on this PC) Tuesday night I used the "check for updates" and walked away. This AM I had an error message. I selected the "Fix issue" radio button and got...
  7. "You can't install Windows 10 to a USB drive using setup" cure?

"You can't install Windows 10 to a USB drive using setup" cure?: My internet searches on that message have yielded two ways of "fixing" that message when trying to install Windows 10 updates using a downloaded Windows.ISO file. The fixes are here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id...ash-drive.html My question is: Why are those...
  8. New build, can't install windows (USB drive)

New build, can't install windows (USB drive): Hi, Running into issues when trying to install Windows on my new build. Have tried multiple times and keep running into the same issue. Been trying to find a solution for hours but hitting dead ends. I boot with the USB drive inserted and the Windows logo shows up,...
  9. Can't install from USB drive

Can't install from USB drive: Hello guys, So I've come up with this issue that I hope you can help me with. I have installed Windows 10 from a USB drive in many computers and never had any problems.. The PC in question has originally Windows 7 and then upgraded to Windows 10 via that free update. But...
  10. Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer

Can't boot USB drive with x64 windows installer: So heres the deal - whenever I try to install a 64 bit Windows 10 copy from a flash drive, I get stuck on the 4 blue squares, with no white dots spinning. Then after about 10 seconds the PC restarts. I have tried the official way with the media creation tool, I have tried...