Windows 10: Error: You don't have access to usb drive.

Discus and support Error: You don't have access to usb drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i click on my external usb storage device the computer replies that i don't have access to it. I can't even look at the folders that are in it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kucan, Mar 1, 2019.

1. kucan Win User

Error: You don't have access to usb drive.

when i click on my external usb storage device the computer replies that i don't have access to it. I can't even look at the folders that are in it.

This ocures on all usb ports and all usb storage devices i have. (i tried all).

But they strangely all work normally on other computers. I tried to change permission for access to usb drives, but the option safety isn't there as is for internal storage.

please help

:)

kucan, Mar 1, 2019
  2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Error: You don't have access to usb drive.

Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Error: You don't have access to usb drive.

1. Error: You don't have access to usb drive. - Similar Threads - Error don't access

2. you don't currently have access this folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't currently have access this folder: How to Fix You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-currently-have-access-this-folder/953ab848-5c2b-4e87-bc07-cbfa220c5cf7
  3. you don't currently have access this folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    you don't currently have access this folder: How to Fix You Don't Currently Have Permission to Access This Folder Issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-currently-have-access-this-folder/953ab848-5c2b-4e87-bc07-cbfa220c5cf7
  4. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  5. "You don't have permission to access...." error

"You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  6. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" error: Last night everything was fine, but today I boot up my pc and I get this error on my hdd. My windows is installed on a ssd but I keep most of my things on the hdd. The hdd has a system partition but I'm not using it. I only use the other partition to store my files. I know it...
  8. "You don't have permission to access this folder" I cant access my USB

"You don't have permission to access this folder" I cant access my USB: I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...
  9. you don't have currently access to this folder

you don't have currently access to this folder: I can not get access to any external USB connected drive. I have tried all options and scanned youtube etc to change access rights nothing works....
  10. USB storage: You don't currently have permission to access this folder

in Windows 10 Support
    USB storage: You don't currently have permission to access this folder: Good morning, I hope someone can help me with the problem. I get the following errors when connecting any USB storage to my laptop: You don't currently have permission to access this folder & You have been denied permission to access this folder. When I got my new...