Windows 10: Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder

Discus and support Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ManasMukul, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder

I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you require permission from DESKTOP-JFM5OAT\*****(my account name) to make changes to this folder. i keep trying again and it keeps happening and the problem here is , there is only one user on my laptop which is myself and i am the administrator of the pc(as i can see from the control panel). please help, what should i do. Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder 7197634b-e39b-4d8a-b99b-9ca94aafa6f9?upload=true.jpg Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder 4b8c00e0-6085-445c-9195-99b4c529ee61?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: Administrator Permissions***

:)

ManasMukul, Aug 15, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, Aug 15, 2019
  3. syfer Win User
    Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

Hi may I ask what was the program name that used ownership option can you help me I have the same problem.

syfer, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder

1. Error: You need permission to perform this action while deleting a folder - Similar Threads - Error need permission

2. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  3. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need permission to perform this action": As you can see, when I try to move this folder, it says this:How can I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-need-permission-to-perform-this-action/f5893ff2-aa88-4d23-a48a-f75ddc3136e2
  4. "You need permission to perform this action"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. “you need permission to perform this action”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “you need permission to perform this action”: i need some help figuring this out all i want to do is simply drag and drop something into my folder inside the windowsapp folder but its not letting me and ive tried changing who has access to it and there is only one account on the computer and it wont let me change it....
  6. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  7. You need permission to perform this action.

You need permission to perform this action.: My hard drive is bugged to where it thinks that I am not an administrator and that I don't have permission to modify my hard drive. Every time I try to download or update a game, or modify and delete a file, it says I don't have permission to perform this action. On steam it...
  8. you need permission to perform this action

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    you need permission to perform this action: So basically I just got a new laptop and whenever i try to delete certain files this notification comes up and it prevents me from deleting the file. I've watched many videos on youtube to fix this problem but none works. I'm the only account on this laptop and I am the...
  9. You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You need permission to perform this action: New Dell XPS-8900 running Win10. I created a Homegroup on the 8900 and joined the Homegroup with my Win8.1 laptop. When I try to copy a file from the laptop to the 8900 (or from the 8900 to the laptop) I get this error: ..... You need permission to perform this action....
  10. Trying to delete a folder - You need permission to perform this action

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to delete a folder - You need permission to perform this action: This started with me trying to install Mozilla Thunderbird, but I quickly came to the belief that I'm sure it's not the installer that's causing an issue. I am running Windows 10 Pro and have administrator rights (two users on the computer, both with admin rights - the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you need permission to perform this action trash can