Windows 10: Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...

Discus and support Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to open installed app "Messenger for Desktop" I get the message "You'll need a new app to open this about" with "Look for an app in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eric Bao, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Eric Bao Win User

Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...

Every time I try to open installed app "Messenger for Desktop" I get the message "You'll need a new app to open this about" with "Look for an app in Microsoft Store" displayed upon opened app "Messenger for Desktop". I go to the app store and it says there is no app for this. Then,

• I tried to reset in Microsoft Store, but it can not help to solve the problem.
    • I tried to install Messenger App from Microsoft Store, but it still can not help to solve the problem.

Even I can use app "Messenger for Destop" but it upset me everytime opening app. The other computer also uses this app without same problem.

How can I solve this problem for my computer?

:)

Eric Bao, Dec 23, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Error message 'you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store'

Hi Adam,

A possible factor why you're having this issue is due to a corrupted app file. To better isolate your concern, Answer the following questions below:

• Did you get any error messages when you're trying to open Windows Store apps?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:
    How to re-register Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 / 8.
    It will provide steps in re-registering Windows Store Apps.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for...

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Error "you'll need a new app to open this about" while trying to open app "Messenger for... - Similar Threads - Error you'll need

2. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  3. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: Hello All, I try to open anything in the "Windows Security" page in Settings, it prompts me to open it with a new app and the only thing available is the Microsoft Store. I click "Virus & threat protection," and the prompt comes up with "You'll need a new app to open this...
  4. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  5. You'll need a new App to open this duellinks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new App to open this duellinks: Hello. I have downloaded a game off of steam called Duel Links. I have this game on my IOS phone, and there is a feature called Konami ID which allows you to transfer data between devices, which I have set up. When I click on the Transfer data settings in-game, it takes my to...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error: New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday. When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else fixed this problem by going through cortana but that didn't work for me. Also there is a pop up with a similar window when I...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender: I keep getting stuff from Windows Defender and I want to open it but then I get the error in the title. I have Avast (free version) but I was getting the error before I installed Avast. How do I fix this? If you do need it here is my computer's specs Dell Latitude E6530...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...