Windows 10: Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open

Discus and support Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am continually getting error messages when I try to open the Microsoft store, paint, paint 3d, etc... I also cannot open numerous apps such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JenniferHarris2, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open

I am continually getting error messages when I try to open the Microsoft store, paint, paint 3d, etc... I also cannot open numerous apps such as OneNote, calculator, etc..

I have reinstalled, I have ran commands in powershell admin which failed. I can't access EMAIL & ACCOUNTS from setting, it does the following... and never opens.

I have added users as well. I have a 360 account but I can't use one note. I finally got outlook to work, but it crashes so I'm back to internet mail.

Can someone please help

Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open 296f0719-0352-4b4f-b8db-a15acd367d8f?upload=true.png

Moved from: Office / OneNote / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

JenniferHarris2, Mar 25, 2019
  2. ste2425 Win User

Iphone app connection error

Is there any further development going into the iPhone app.

I'm getting a few annoying errors when viewing the site through it, ill post screen shots when i get home, only use it on WiFi.

If i navigate before the current page has finished loading i get a popup stating a connection error and cannot continue till i click OK. This can happen multiple time on a single page so makes the site very irritating to navigate on the app.

Thanks all.

ste2425, Mar 25, 2019
  3. Error opening flashrom.rom

hiya,
    thanks for your soon reply.
    @Ron: yeah, if i do extactly what you wrote, the error:

ERROR OPENING FLASHROM.ROM occurs.

thats the problem

BuffaloBuster, Mar 25, 2019
  4. Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open

1. Error: You'll need an app to "ms-**" error occurs on numerous apps and many won't open - Similar Threads - Error You'll need

2. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  3. You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc: You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this-ms-wpc/43bb3a1f-f6a4-4eea-a5ee-34198bdba2c6
  4. You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh: When I try to sign into my microsoft account from the settings panel, it tells me "You'll need a new app to open this ms-cxh". It tells me to find an app in the microsoft store to proceed but no app was found. How can I log into my microsoft account?...
  5. You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store error!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this - ms-windows-store error!: I tried everything to try and get Microsoft store working again. I used WSrest to try and reset it. Didn't work. I try to reinstall many times with powershell. It didn't work. This is the event error. Log Name: Application Source:...
  6. You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You'll need an new app to open this ms-wpc: Every time I log into my computer, I keep getting this error, with everything on my computer gone. Is there a way to get rid of it without using the Administrator privilege? [ATTACH]...
  7. You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices: Hello. I recently had the ms-gamingoverlay pop-up but i solved it by going to the Microsoft store and downloading Xbox game bar. Sometimes when i launch a game i get a new pop-up saying "you'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingservices" i tried the same method by going to...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx

in Windows 10 Customization
    You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx: I have a new PC I set up the main login account as me then set up a user for my child. When I log into to my child's new account I get this message "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpx" as soon as I log in and I cannot do anything on this user account....
  9. "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need a new app to open this windowsdefender" error: New install of WIN10 build 1809 yesterday. When I try to open any section of "windows security" I get this small window appear. I see someone else fixed this problem by going through cortana but that didn't work for me. Also there is a pop up with a similar window when I...
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc"

in Browsers and Email
    "You'll need a new app to open this: ms-wpc": When I try to open Google Chrome, I get an error message saying "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc" I don't even know how to download whatever that is. Thank you for any help! 113842