Windows 10: Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline

Discus and support Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Cleanup-image is unknown in offline to restore repair 162115 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Sampathkumar, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline

Cleanup-image is unknown in offline to restore repair

:)

Sampathkumar, Aug 7, 2020

2. Dism error 87 "cleanup-image option is unknown"

Im in winPE trying to use:

on an offline image but cannot get past this error:

I did the exact same procedure on windows 8 and a separate fresh install of windows 10 with no issues at all.

I've gone through all the Microsoft articles about dism i could find, many sites, and forum posts outlining the same handful of procedures that are supposed to fix this and other issues but don't seem to work half the time.

Supposedly error 87 is a syntax issue but this clearly doesn't apply to my situation. The error occurs with other options as well, /scanhealth, /checkhealth, /restorehealth, it isn't limited to just /cleanup-image.There appears to be no proven solution to this problem, if so its very hidden.

Any suggestions?

BrainRenticus, Aug 7, 2020
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 7, 2020
  4. garegin Win User

Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline

dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

Hello

I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine.
    I ran the command
    Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

but get the error

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Error: 87

The cleanup-image option is unknown.
    For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

garegin, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline

1. Error87 cleanup-image is unknown offline - Similar Threads - Error87 cleanup image

2. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  3. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown: So I'm having trouble finding and installing updates, and that has led me to an issue with DISM while trying to fix it.When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown.I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image...
  4. DISM Error: 87 the Cleanup-Image option is unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: Ich habe den cmd Befehl "dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" ausgeführt, nun bekomme ich aber diesen Fehler: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dismexe-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/2b1d976e-69e8-442d-b9a0-c9da867778e6
  6. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth: Why does it have 2 progressive lines?. First it was only 1 line, when it reached 84.9%, another line started from that percentage there and finished. And about a month ago doing this there were multiple progression lines....
  7. WINDOWS 10 cleanup image not showing

WINDOWS 10 cleanup image not showing: Sir, I have Windows 10 32 bit with legacy boot but my window have booting issue. When I start my computer it's showing windows has not loaded correctly. I used SFC /scannow but it's not working. I also tried DISM but it's showing cleanup image is unknown and when i try to...
  8. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  9. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth: I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and know its stuck at 100% and blinking white bar Please help??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dismexe-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/7c37fa10-f609-4149-af72-52208fa3fcb6
  10. dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown."

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    dism offline repair fails with 'The cleanup-image option is unknown.": Hello I have a laptop that I took the HDD out of and connected it to another Windows 10 machine. I ran the command Dism /Image:e:\ /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but get the error Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.10240.16384 Image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cleanup image option is unknown