Windows 10: Errors at boot

Discus and support Errors at boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Moved to "Performance and Maint." Moderator please delete. 16800 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Aug 15, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

Errors at boot

Moved to "Performance and Maint." Moderator please delete.

:)

borgus, Aug 15, 2015

2. DLL errors at Boot Time

Upgrade from win7 pro 32. Keep getting 2 DLL error messages at boot. Errors are: "The procedure entry point SfcisKeyProtected could not be located in the dynamic link library E:\WINDOWS\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL", followed by: "Error loading C:Windows\System32\LogiLDA.dll
    The specific module could not be found". There used to be a 3rd error preceding these "Rundll21.exe entry point could not be found in C:\Windows\System32". I uninstalled my old graphics drivers (AMD6050 which windows 10 rejected) got a new Nvidia Graphics
    card but the error didn't go away until I uninstalled the old program. At the same time I uninstalled my sound card software which was redundant since I no longer have the card and I use HDMI for sound through the monitor. The removal of those 2 pieces of
    software got rid of the Rundll21.exe problem plus restored sound. I have not found any problems running with the 2 broken DLL's but they sound important, especially the AppPatch one. Any ideas?

Tom Lennon, Aug 15, 2015
  3. DLL errors at Boot Time

Hi Rob:

I tried all the suggested methods but still have the 2 messages at boot. I did get rid of a lot of outdated stuff though. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Tom Lennon, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Errors at boot

1. Errors at boot - Similar Threads - Errors boot

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error: Hello. I am trying to start my computer, yet it keeps saying "Inaccessible Boot Device". I tried loading into BIOS and changing from AHCI to IDE. But i only have AHCI and RAID. I tried loading into safe mode. But while trying to load into safe mode. I get the same error....
  3. Can't boot after Windows Update: dism /image:c:\ /remove-package produces error 14098 "The...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot after Windows Update: dism /image:c:\ /remove-package produces error 14098 "The...: Hi there, I'm attempting to recover a Windows 10 installation that borked during a Windows Update reboot. It's running as a Guest in a VirtualBox VM on MacOS, which kernel panicked during the Windows reboot. Originally I received an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, which I...
  4. Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.

Windows 10 ERROR : 0xc0000185 PC could not turn off properly. PC NOT BOOTING.: Specs of my PC: Asus B350 plus Ryzen 5 1600 Corsair Vengeance 8GB Adata 128 GB SSD (for OS) WD Blue 1TB My pc is not booting and i tried all recovery methods none seemed to work. I havent yet formatted my drive. I have my activation key and tried to reinstall windows...
  5. Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...

Windows Won't Boot from Clone SSD (error code 0xc000000e) and Cannot Enter Recovery...: I recently cloned my 1TB SATA HDD onto a 1TB Intel M.2/NVMe SSD to hopefully tremendously speed up my 1-year-old Windows 10 HP laptop computer. My HP ENVY 17" laptop does support NVMe. I went the clone route, as I have a tremendous number of applications installed and...
  6. Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot laptop. Entering to the grub rescue. Error file '/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod' not...: I have a question very similar to: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot-laptop-entering-to-the-grub-rescue-error/301e095c-1faa-4358-84bd-a0999b2fad0c (see subject line above). It was dealt with by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP. Details to add: I use...
  7. How do I fix a "boot drive inaccessible" error message ? I tried using a system USB and a...

How do I fix a "boot drive inaccessible" error message ? I tried using a system USB and a...: I had 2 Microsoft Edge web browser windows and a Google Chrome window open when my computer froze. I tried using CTRL+ALT+DEL with no luck, so I unplugged the power supply (HP Laptop). When the computer went to reboot a Blue screen appeared with a message stating there was...
  8. PC blue screen error after successful boot/log in

PC blue screen error after successful boot/log in: Hopefully this is the right place to post something like this. My PC when booted regularly allows me to sign into my admin account but after like roughly a minute or so, goes into a blue screen crash. The below is what led up to it. So I was attempting to pair my...
  9. Boot up error with Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot up error with Defender: Every time I boot up I get a message saying my firewall is off and to click to turn it on. My firewall is being managed by Kapersky Internet Security. I have tried to turn off the notification but have not been successful. Any ideas how to turn off the notification?...
  10. unknown error during booting process

in Windows 10 Support
    unknown error during booting process: Suddenly, after working for many years without problems, during booting a Bios window appears with: please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. Press F1 to run Setup. Pressing F1 brings you in the Bios. After not changing anything, booting continues without problems....