Windows 10: Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update

Discus and support Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had trouble with my start menu and search bar. It was caused by KB4507435 installed on my laptop on the 12th of September 2019. Reverting this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoffeeHeart6193, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update

Hi,

I had trouble with my start menu and search bar. It was caused by KB4507435 installed on my laptop on the 12th of September 2019.

Reverting this update failed with the error message: failed to install updates - undoing.

I asked support for help and was told to run this command by a community advisor.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

This script failed with various errors:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x80070020: Windows cannot register the package because of an internal error or low memory. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 31d7feaa-6a4f-0002-e419-d8314f6ad501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 31d7feaa-6a4f-0002-e419-d8314f6ad501 At line:1 char:38 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0x80070020: Windows cannot register the package because of an internal error or low memory. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 31d7feaa-6a4f-0001-b216-d8314f6ad501 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 31d7feaa-6a4f-0001-b216-d8314f6ad501 At line:1 char:38 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

This did nothing except cause repeated PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA blue-screen errors.
    I also can no longer open settings, since I get a file system error (-2147219196).

System restore failed to do anything. CHKDSK also failed - it got stuck at 15% for about four hours until I ended it.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will work and will not cause BSOD errors?

:)

CoffeeHeart6193, Sep 14, 2019

2. long running script error on IE11

what long running script error?

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 14, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Can not find script file error

Hello,

This could be due to a missing script file or that an application is causing the error. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you locate or navigate to the location listed in the error and see if the file it is looking for is there. If you are
    unable to locate the file, an application is causing this error to pop-up. If that is the case, we suggest that you boot your PC in Safe Mode and see if the error still pops up. You may follow the steps on this
    link on how to start your PC in Safe Mode.

If the problem does not exist in Safe Mode, we would know that an application is causing the error. However, if the problem is presented while in Safe Mode, the problem may be caused by Windows itself.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update

1. Errors caused by running script Get-AppXPackage / bad update - Similar Threads - Errors caused running

2. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  3. Cannot get PowerShell script to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get PowerShell script to run: Hi,No matter what I try I cannot get permission to run a .ps1 file. I always get this error:& : File C:\Program Files\putty\pagentpass.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at...
  4. Getting script error on BOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting script error on BOOT: Getting two `Windows script host` on boot of windows 11 os. Can anyone help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-script-error-on-boot/25f5a794-2f6a-4672-bfa6-fda5c5ce4c9c
  5. Getting script error on BOOT

Getting script error on BOOT: Getting two `Windows script host` on boot of windows 11 os. Can anyone help me fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-script-error-on-boot/25f5a794-2f6a-4672-bfa6-fda5c5ce4c9c
  6. Running Get-AppxPackage has Edge listed at Developer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running Get-AppxPackage has Edge listed at Developer: Maybe this is normal, or just using f12 opts you in , or something else, but someone tell me this is normal or not ..I have 4 packages with "edge" in name Edge 44!? and Edge 90 is SignatureKind: Developer So... Tell me 44 is the forgotten red headed step child version of...
  7. Getting script error 8007002, program wont run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting script error 8007002, program wont run: I am trying to run a cd/dvd disk in windows 10. The program came with this information: This application should automatically launch if your computer is set to allow applications to autorun. If it does not, you can run this application by double clicking on the file...
  8. Get-AppxPackage error:0x800704EC / 0x80073D01) Applocker

in Cortana
    Get-AppxPackage error:0x800704EC / 0x80073D01) Applocker: Hi, i`ve tried to reinstall cortana because its missing on my win10 computer (in 1809,1903,1909) without success: powershell: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}...
  9. Long running script error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long running script error: I keep getting a long running script error. How do I correct this? Thanking you in advance, S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script-error/43036f9d-f7d1-47be-9e07-bda7050a6e6a
  10. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized: I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fh4 Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6 Package could not be registered.

2. where can a technician find updated information about errors caused by the system the user or the software?