Windows 10: errors connecting a exterior source.

Discus and support errors connecting a exterior source. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NicolaeT, Sep 12, 2018.

1. NicolaeT Win User

errors connecting a exterior source.

this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page.

:)

NicolaeT, Sep 12, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Source to use for DISM on Windows 10

This is not completely true. The suggestion is to download the Techbench version and use DISM to apply to install.wim directly. However, you can also use the version download from MCT except it will involve an extra step as follows:
    1. Use the latest version of 7-Zip to extract the content of install.esd. For example: to a folder xxx on the desktop
    2. From Admin command prompt:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\xxx\windows /LimitAccess

See screen shot, the contents of install.wim and install.esd are exactly the same.

errors connecting a exterior source. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2018
  3. network connections error 615. specified port was not found

Hi Karlo,

The error 615 may arise if there's an issue on how your modem is mounted. To sort your concern, we suggest that you consider the following:

• Ensure that your modem is connected properly.
    • Run the internet connection troubleshooter. To do this follow these steps:
      • Type Troubleshooting in the search box.
      • Press Enter.
      • Click View All and select Internet Connections.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Reinstall your modem. For a step-by-step guide, refer to the support website of your Internet service provider.
    • If the issue persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
      link
      on how to fix network connection issues.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 12, 2018
  4. errors connecting a exterior source.

Scan & Fax exterior modem

I recently setup my scan & fax feature with an exterior modem for my PC. My question is, if my exterior modem is not plugged in and I receive a fax, does it store data so that when I eventually plug it in the fax will show up to print.

JessGeorge, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

errors connecting a exterior source.

1. errors connecting a exterior source. - Similar Threads - errors connecting exterior

2. Report builder not connecting to Data Source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Report builder not connecting to Data Source: I am using report builder and lately updated to windows 11. Now I cannot connect to my usual data source. Can this be the issue. Nothing else changed on my laptop....
  3. Report builder not connecting to Data Source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Report builder not connecting to Data Source: I am using report builder and lately updated to windows 11. Now I cannot connect to my usual data source. Can this be the issue. Nothing else changed on my laptop....
  4. The remote source won't accept the connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The remote source won't accept the connection: hey guys, I am a user of windows 10 pro. from last 3 to 4 months when I try to open YouTube in any browser google chrome, Microsoft edge , Mozilla Firefox etc. , it says that this site cannot be reached YouTube reused to connect. when troubleshoot the problem it came the the...
  5. DISM restore Source error

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM restore Source error: Hi guys. how can i restore these files efficiently? Ive been up for 49 hours now trying to get this thing fixed. Dism keeps failing with a source error and analyze components also fails. 2020-07-04 10:54:22, Info CSI 00000005 Hashes for file member [l:9]'3ware.sys' do not...
  6. Exterior Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exterior Mic: I want to use an exterior mic. How do I connect it to my PC? I have a Think Pad PC running on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exterior-mic/3d81d9b9-4812-4289-9fe1-637e45398669
  7. No Sound of Exterior Speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound of Exterior Speakers: Troubleshooting with no sound of exterior speakers windows 10 Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-of-exterior-speakers/78830900-a411-4e11-8d1c-ca6545f3f364
  8. Error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source...: I have no idea how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-the-installation-source-for-this-product-is/c26a48e6-caac-4089-8f03-d7a51b9b864d
  9. Unknown error source

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown error source: Hi there, I get this error every few days and I have no idea where it is coming from! I understand it is perhaps because I installed 32-bit software instead of 64? But I have no clue from what program it is coming from. Please see my attached screenshot for what I see. Any...
  10. 3.0 TB exterior Haed drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.0 TB exterior Haed drive: I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not,my wife got me a 3TB exterior hard drive for christmas. I plugged it to my Hp 32 bit .Pc on the instructions it says to plug the hard drive into a usb 3.0 port for usb 3.0 transfer speeds I have 5 usb ports on my PC...