Windows 10: Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes

Discus and support Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Previous problems faced – Actions taken to solve: · Laptop/Device tilting on its physical shape – HPengineers could not recognise why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ecem Ozturk Student, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes

Previous problems faced – Actions taken to solve:

· Laptop/Device tilting on its physical shape – HPengineers could not recognise why. Engineers suggested replacing with a newdevice. Changed the bottom/keyboard parts all over due to lack in propersupply shipment overseas due to COVID . December 2021

· [COLOR=rgba32, 31, 30, 1]BIOS and OS System Error Every time I turn onthe laptop[/COLOR]. [COLOR=rgba32, 31, 30, 1]Happening ever since I bought the laptop. Itgone away after the first month of use but when I restarted the systemrecently, it came back[/COLOR]. – Manual Complete System Restoration to solvethe problem.

Current Problems:

1. Windows not allowing install of programs, evenwhen Virus & Threat protection is turned off for all options. After an installation, a page pops up saying:

"Change, Repair or Remove Installation" with only 2 options available:

• Repair
    • Remove ​

Frankly, Repair option does not work and it forces me to uninstall the programs I need to work.

2. Continuousmultiple errors on the power on/restart of the device. File Restore Failed: C:\Program Filesx86\Microsoft\Edge\Temp\source9996_1538873375\89.0.774.45\msedge.exe could not be restored to its original folder.

I have made some research but the options usually include reboosting/restoring the system, which I have done and the problem keeps returning back with any app I am trying to download afterwards.

:)

Ecem Ozturk Student, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Harry9001 Win User

Unable to install any OS

Hi guys, I'm unable to install any OS. I tried ubuntu and got input/output error, tried installing window 7 error 0x80000010.

Downloaded iso's of both again and again still same result. Got a new SSD still the same, tried a different usb still the same.

I'm fed up, have been trying since the past 1 month still am unable to install.
    I've listed my specs in my profile.

PS Have even tried/changed my ram.
    Where the pug is the problem ?

I have been using live usb to work on computer for now but I need a permanent OS.

Harry9001, Mar 21, 2021
  3. meloneum Win User
    BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes

Unable to install any OS

Ram, if a cmos clear doesnt fix it, replace the ram. check the seating of the CPU too make sure there are no bent pins

eidairaman1, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes

1. Errors "File Restore Failed", ongoing errors for BIOS, OS and unable to install programmes - Similar Threads - Errors File Restore

2. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os: Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB...
  3. Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bios error, unable to locate drives while reinstalling os: Recently, I partitioned my laptop and deleted again. Problem is I didn't installed my windows update for long time even I had to.Now, I got bios error. While trying to reinstall software from pendrive, drivers are not showing. My laptop is Lenovo IdeaPad i5 256 GB SSD, 1 TB...
  4. Fail to install some programmes

Fail to install some programmes: Hello! I have some installation issues with zoom, spotify , discord etc. . When I tried to install Spotify nothing happened after installing it, there was no app of Spotify. The only solution was to download it from Microsoft Store. What about Zoom... When I install it , it...
  5. Fail to install some programmes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fail to install some programmes: Hello! I have some installation issues with zoom, spotify , discord etc. . When I tried to install Spotify nothing happened after installing it, there was no app of Spotify. The only solution was to download it from Microsoft Store. What about Zoom... When I install it , it...
  6. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install specific game due to OS errors: So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to...
  7. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install specific game due to OS errors: So I'm trying to download Fortnite on my computer and every time the download reaches the 97MB mark the launcher suddenly crashes. Note that this happens ONLY when downloading this specific game. I've contacted Epic Games Support but they couldn't fix the issue and told me to...
  8. Unable to install specific game due to OS errors

9. Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error...: While trying again to upgrade from W7 to W10, it gets through the installation before backing out of everything and giving me this error code: Error 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the Safe OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation It then...
  10. Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Fails error 0x80071ac5: This is an ongoing issue. "System Restore failed while deleting the following file/directory Path: D:\OneDrive\Personal Vault.lnk" An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. 0x80071ac5"...