Windows 10: Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002

Discus and support Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer seemed to be running more slowly after the Creators update, so I went into the error viewer and found a ton of errors with the source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gollux, May 16, 2017.

1. gollux Win User

Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002

My computer seemed to be running more slowly after the Creators update, so I went into the error viewer and found a ton of errors with the source EapHost, Event ID 2002. From Googling around, I found that this error can be caused by leftover keys from Cisco software, so I went ahead and deleted two of the keys referred to in the error logs, and the errors associated with those keys stopped popping up. However, there's a third error that keeps popping up:

Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=21, authorId=311, vendorId=0, vendorType=0

The trouble is that this doesn't give me enough information to figure out which key I need to delete. It refers me to a node in the registry called WLANProfileCreationUXAuth. There are six subfolders under that one, and some of them contain keys that I can't delete. (Stupidly, I tried, but the system wouldn't let me.)

What I'm wondering is this: how can I figure out which of the specific keys I need to delete? None of them refer to Cisco, as far as I can see.

:)

gollux, May 16, 2017

2. Wireless adapter issues after installing KB3106932 and KB3105210

Geethu,

Further to this problem on examination of Event Viewer I see multiple Event Id 2002 with a source of EAPHost.

My research reveals that "The EAP error indicates a registry or missing/corrupt file issue that usually manifests itself in a problem with wireless networking. It may be a simple matter of re-registering a DLL or finding/replacing a missing/corrupt file
    (hence the 'DLL path name validation failed').

There are none of these errors before KB3109632 was installed.

Can you help...

Vince

VinceShirley, May 16, 2017
  3. Windows Phone 7, Zune, and Windows 8.1 refusing to get along

Have you looked in Event Viewer Application log for the error?

Post back Event message and ID#

Smittychat., May 16, 2017
Thema:

Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002

1. Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002 - Similar Threads - Errors Event Viewer

2. Event Viewer ID 6008 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer ID 6008 Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:33:07 AM on ‎10/‎7/‎2023 was unexpected. Error, red circle with ! Task category none and source EventLogI was playing Battlefield during these times, my pc was on and running why did Windows report it as it shutdown unexpectedly while...
  3. Event Viewer ID 6008 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer ID 6008 Error: The previous system shutdown at 1:33:07 AM on ‎10/‎7/‎2023 was unexpected. Error, red circle with ! Task category none and source EventLogI was playing Battlefield during these times, my pc was on and running why did Windows report it as it shutdown unexpectedly while...
  4. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  5. Event viewer - Event id 4688

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer - Event id 4688: I tried to create a custom view, with àwindows as the event log, and 4688 as the event ID. I had no other changed settings, and I expected this to give me a stream of events showing whenever I opened an application. Instead I only got events related to Microsoft processes....
  6. Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15: So this error continuously pop up in my event viewer. Description - General - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used. For further...
  7. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...
  8. Event Viewer ID 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 2004: What should I do to correct this? Log Name: ApplicationSource: Microsoft-Windows-PerfNetDate: 4/27/2020 3:38:18 PMEvent ID: 2004Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: User: SAM-NB1\SamComputer: SAM-NB1Description:Unable to open the Server service performance object. The...
  9. Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer: Welcome, I have a problem. Every day I have this error in event viewer, system log: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file):\??\C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\S-1-5-21-4089430802-3287748835-2730757419-1001-0-ntuser.dat was corrupted and it has...
  10. Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer...: Windows 10 Home 64 bit ASUS X540LA Notebook What is going on here and what is the best for dealing with this? The AppID seems to be designating RuntimeBroker, but I have done everything so far to correct this error. What am I missing? Log Name: System Source:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eaphost

2. eaphost 2002

3. event id 2002

4. skipping: eap method dll path validation failed. error: typeid=21 authorid=311,
  5. eaphost error 2002 windows 10,
  6. microsoft windows eaphost event 2002,
  7. eaphost windows 10 error,
  8. Skipping: Eap method DLL path validation failed. Error: typeId=55 authorId=311 vendorId=0 vendorType=0,
  9. eaphost multiple errors,
  10. eap host 2002,
  11. eaphost event id 1102,
  12. perfproc 2002 windows repair,
  13. event id 2002 win 10,
  14. vss ESE Event ID 2002,
  15. w10 event id 2002