Windows 10: Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps

Discus and support Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, A few days ago Microsoft store app stopped opening. After much trial and error, and a windows 10 reset. Nothing is working. I get these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MickAnderson2, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps

Hello,

A few days ago Microsoft store app stopped opening. After much trial and error, and a windows 10 reset. Nothing is working.

I get these error messages in Powershell:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.31.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy. NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-1b35-1a647db4d601 in the Event Log or use the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-1b35-1a647db4d601 At line:1 char:28 + ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Program File...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_120.2212.31.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-f435-1a647db4d601 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-f435-1a647db4d601

At line:1 char:28

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it

modifies are currently in use.

error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed

Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.19041.610_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-0d36-1a647db4d601 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppPackageLog -ActivityID 6419dc4b-b47d-0008-0d36-1a647db4d601

At line:1 char:28

+ ... Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.I ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String [Add-AppxPackage], Exception

:)

MickAnderson2, Nov 6, 2020

2. Unable to open Windows app error: this APP can't be opened check with Store for more information

Hi Putter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps you have performed. Now let’s try different steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I would recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist try the below steps provided information.

Step 2.

I would suggest you to re-register the Windows store and check. Please follow the below steps to re-register:

• Click on start and type Powershell.

• Right click on the powershell and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• And run the following in a Command Window to re-register:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml
    Hope it helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Trying to update apps on Windows Store failed: error 0x803F8001

Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know that; are you trying to update your apps through Windows store or Windows store (beta)?

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1

Make sure that “Allow apps to use my location” option is enabled. Follow these steps to enable it.

• Press the “Windows + W” on the keyboard.
    • Then type “Allow apps to use my location” without quotes in the search box and hit ENTER.
    • Turn on “Allow apps to use my location”.
    • Then turn on “Let apps use my location” option.
    Method 2

If still the issue persist then, we recommend running the following PowerShell script to re-register the new Store:

• In the Search box, type CMD
    • Right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
    • In the command prompt, enter the following command:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist

Santosh_Rai, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps

File system error (-2145042388)

Based on the information you provided, we suggest that you follow the steps below to troubleshoot the error on the Windows App store as it can be one of the causes why your Photo app won't open your pictures.

Here are the steps:

• Press the
      Windows logo+
      Xbutton on your keyboard.

• ChooseCommand Prompt
      (Admin).

• Type in
      powershell.

• Copy and paste the following command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us updated with the result.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps

1. Errors in Powershell while trying to re-register all apps - Similar Threads - Errors Powershell while

2. Error in Powershell while trying to solve gaming services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Powershell while trying to solve gaming services: When I run as an admin a command I get this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_13.78.12002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error...
  3. Error in Powershell while trying to solve gaming services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Powershell while trying to solve gaming services: When I run as an admin a command I get this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.Deployment Remove operation with target volume C: on Package Microsoft.GamingServices_13.78.12002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe from: failed with error...
  4. Error 0x80073D01 while registering apps.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80073D01 while registering apps.: I just received an error while registering the app with PowerShell, but I got the "0x80073D01" error. I tried:- Changing Policy with gpedit and local security policy- sign-out and sign-in back to my pc,but it didn't work.Is there any ways to solve this problem?...
  5. Reinstalling and Re-registering apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling and Re-registering apps: Hi, Another user, another issue reinstalling and re-registering apps.Last week I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and did a clean - CLEAN - install of Windows to mark the occasion. It's running fine except I don't have a lot of the default apps installed - from the...
  6. Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FreeBooter_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f053fs/reinstall_and_reregister_all_builtin_windows_apps/
  7. Re-Registering win10 apps

Re-Registering win10 apps: 1) hi i'm trying to convert this powershell command to work in cmd file Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} how can i convert it to work like this PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  8. PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store

PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store: I have spent many hours for the last two days trying to get the Store and several apps re-registered and working. On other forums which I have been directed to, such as MS TechNet, much of the advice and links I have been given either generate various errors, or just fail to...
  9. Re-register Store app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Re-register Store app in Windows 10: How to: Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 How to Re-register Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to reinstall and re-register all built-in Windows apps for your user account or all user accounts in Windows 10....