Windows 10: Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen

Discus and support Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today when I went to use my laptop, I noticed the the window I was using seemed to a display issue as parts of the screen were missing. I shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chel-A-See, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen

Today when I went to use my laptop, I noticed the the window I was using seemed to a display issue as parts of the screen were missing. I shut down that window, and everything seemed to be normal.

When I opened another window, it seemed to be plagued with the same problem as well as black outs were rolling across my screen.

I shut it down, and restarted.

I noticed a couple days ago that two updates for the C++ were still pending, with error 0x80070643 message.

I restarted the computer several times, and that seem to make the display worse to the point I could not longer see what was suppose to be there at all.

I disabled the Intel(R) HD Graphics 630, which ended the screen issue.

I attempted to update the computer again, and the intel graphics updated, and the screen problem ensued. So I disabled it.

I tried running the update trouble shooter several times, with no luck.

I downloaded and ran https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/B/D/2BDE5459-2225-48B8-830C-AE19CAF038F1/NetFxRepairTool.exe

which did not work either.

Next I read to try and downloaded the

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer, but that did absolutely nothing, and I dont think that that is even related to these issues.
    Lastly I downloaded: 2018-09 Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4456655)

and recieved an error message that said the update is not applicable to my computer.

PLEASE HELP!

I have now spent the entire day trying to fix this, and have done nothing but! AHHHHH

I have an acer nitro running windows 10 home Insider Preview 1809 Version Os Build 182521000.

Thank you for all the help that you are about to give me.

:)

Chel-A-See, Oct 26, 2018

2. flickers with win 10

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with flickering screen on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ incompatible/ outdated display drivers after the latest update, try the below and check if it helps.

• Do let us know when exactly you get the flickering screen on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message on flickering screen?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article:
    Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    for flickering screen, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Oct 26, 2018
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen

1. Errors in Update and a Flickering Screen - Similar Threads - Errors Update Flickering

2. Flickering screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering screen: After last windows 11 update my laptop screen is flickeringTask Manager is not flickeringI uninstalled display adapter and rebooted the system - no software updatesMicrosoft WINDOWS 11 home10.0.22621 Build 22621any suggestions?...
  3. Screen Flickering

Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  4. Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  5. Screen flickering

Screen flickering: My LAPTOP screen has been flickering while playing games. Even not playing games its only light flickering as game use too much cpu i think. Pleas HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering/5eda1ffb-bc1e-4ca7-bd94-c47113ec0dfb
  6. Screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering: I got ThinkBook 15 G2 ITL Laptop - Type 20VE with the 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 @ 2.80 GHz, the IntelR IrisR Xe Graphics , Windows 10 Home 64 bit installed. I updated to the newest version the BIOS, the display drivers, Windows 10 updates and made sure every driver is...
  7. Screen Flickering after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Flickering after updates: My computer was perfectly fine until I updated it recently15th march and from then onwards my screen flickers occasionally I believe the following update is responsible for this and also I have tried resetting my display adapter in device manager which did not change anything...
  8. Screen Flickering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering.: Hi there, A couple of days ago the screen of my laptop started flickering. I know this is not a hardware issue because when I try to move the screen the issue is still there and if the laptop is on for a while then it gets fixed but as soon as the screen goes to sleep the...
  9. Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flicker: I just had the same problem with a Nvidia 2080ti OC and Intel i9-9900k CPU and all new updates from Windows and Nvidia. I corrected the problem using VSync: turned on. I am flying P3D V4.5 and all the Graphics setting in P3D set to max and flying at Innsbruck Austria. My...
  10. screen flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen flickering: I just bought a new ASUS notebook and installed Windows 10, but keep experiencing flickering screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-flickering/3e50c742-17a8-4ec5-b1c6-dfebe6026b1c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. repair windows 10 flickering in apps hp envy 23-o014 after 1809 update